Powered by Blogger.

Celebrate

Hi friends!  The weekend flew by and it's already time for another Mojo Monday sketch.  This week's sketch is designed by the talented Mary Fish and was perfect for a masculine birthday card I needed to make.


I started with the Breeze collection papers from My Mind's Eye, then pulled out the Birthday Bash set from Verve.  I paper pieced the balloons and colored the stars with a white gel pen before coating with glue and dusting with glitter.  To keep things masculine, I chose to tie a knot with grosgrain instead of a bow, added some mini brads to the sentiment flag and finished off with some Tim Holtz photo corners.  Easy peasy and just perfect for my Dad's birthday.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have a fabulous start to your week.  Be sure to check out the Mojo blog this morning for the sketch and inspiration from our design team.  And if you haven't yet, hop on over to Verve, where our Wishing for Spring Sale is going on!


Enabler's List:
Stamps:  Birthday Bash (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Breeze (My Mind's Eye), Early Espresso Crumb Cake (SU!)
Ink: Brushed Corduroy (Ranger Distress), white gel pen, Early Espresso marker (SU!)
Accessories:  sewing machine, mini brads, espresso grosgrain (SU!), photo corners (Tim Holtz), glitter

19 comments

Marianne said...

Great masculine card. Seems that many of us are struggling with those, lol.

Mary Fish said...

love the mix of kraft and blue! very mojo-licious. hugs, m

Cheryl said...

Ooooo! Love it! Those photo corners look fab on this card.

Marisa said...

Love the striped paper and the kraft and green together. Fabulous masculine card!

Ravengirl said...

What a wonderful masculine card!

Luanne said...

Love this sketch and I'm looking forward to given it a try...! Your card is awesome, masculine is so hard to do, but it's perfect here! Enjoy your day!! ;-)

scrappingnana said...

Great sketch. Love your masculine card. TFS

Janelle Stollfus said...

What a fitting card for today! {wink} Awesome masculine card, Julee!

Vickie Z said...

Perfectly perfect masculine card, as always!!! Loved your baby blog hop.....fabulous!!!

Michelle said...

Great inspiration for a masculine card! I love it! And P.S I have a little baby boy and he is just the best. Once you see your little boys faces you will never want to trade them for anything. Best of luck!

Teresa Kline said...

your card is awesome, luv the green....I hope you enjoyed the hop and know how special you are!

hugs *~*

Betty Wright said...

Julee, this is so precious! Love the tonal striped background and balloons! The sparkly stars are awesome! Adorable card!

S.C.Gardner said...

Congratulations on the upcoming family expansion...get ready for impact...and look out for a hilarious ride that will make you laugh and cry, worry and wonder WHY ???....but thru this journey you guys will never be the same and thru the pain...you'll say "I'd do it again"....God uses children to teach us how to grow....and show us that in life it's not about us....by the time they are grown...your heart will be full of love and beauty and gratitude for the innumerable blessings that children bring into our lives...I have read that to have a child is to take your heart and let it go walking around outside of your body...and I have found this to be true....Always Remember....YOU are Precious, YOU are Loved, and YOU are needed...now go light your world....
Blessings
Sherry

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is adorable, Julee! LOVE all of the stripes! Can't wait to see those babies! I'm so very excited for you guys! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous, Julee! Love how you stamped and coloured on the kraft with a white gel pen! Thanks for the reminder about that!!! Great details!

Andrea Ewen said...

Surprised?!! Haha...I'm so glad that I got to participate in this hop, to give you a bit of advice, and maybe just a bit of reassurance that everything will be alright! We are all scared in the beginning, we are all scared that we're not going to know what to do, and we are all scared about the unknown. But...once you see those sweet angel faces, all your concerns will melt away and you will be filled with a love you have never known. I remember looking down at my son in his bassinet and I started to cry...I couldn't believe he was mine!
You have a wonderful support system with Mark and I know that you two will make fabulous parents. We're all here for you, too!

And I did come here to admire your card as well...I adore it, you have such a gift with paper, no matter what the style, no matter what the medium, your creations are always a masterpiece!
Thanks for letting me ramble... :)

Jen Shults said...

Ooooh! This reminds me I need to pull these stamps out and use them more! I love this card, it's a great masculine example. LOVE it!

Piali said...

Congratulations Julee!! I'm so happy for you....everything will be perfectly fine and you will make an awesome MOMMY!!
Wonderful masculine card!!!
Take care!

Mynn xx said...

Those stripes are AMAZING!!! LOVE the paper pieced balloons and the stars are fabulous! LOVE it! :)