You Make Me Smile

Welcome to another Monday!  This week's my favorite type of mojo - round or square!  So head on over to the Mojo Monday blog for the sketch and some fabulous inspiration from the mojo team.  I hope you can play along!


For my card, I pulled out the newly released Blue Skies set and some pretty papers from The Girls' Paperie.  I stamped the You Make Me Smile sentiment on the yellow gingham circle, then matted with chocolate chip and added some yellow liquid pearls for some pizazz.  Some days I just feel I need a little pizazz, you know what I mean?  Next I stamped the notebook paper from Blue skies in Brushed Corduroy then stamped the flourish in pink pirouette on the paper.  I trimmed this out and matted on chocolate as well.  I subsituted a butterfly for the star shape in the mojo sketch, and this is the larger one from Blue Skies, which I stamped directly onto patterned paper, cut out and added a few chocolate pearls for its body.  I also stamped the flourish with a little Shabby Shutters ink on the green polka dot paper to balance things out.

To finish things off, I added a little punched border, some May Arts pink ruffled ribbon, more liquid pearls and hand stitched a few coordinating buttons onto the card.  The finished card is 4.25" square so it'll fit inside a normal A2 envelope.  Okay, that's all for me.  I've got to get back to shipping orders.  :)  Hope you have a fantastic start to your week!


What's In It?
Stamps: Blue Skies (Verve Stamps)
Paper: The Girls' Paperie, chocolate chip, white
Ink: Brushed Corduroy, Shabby Shutters (Ranger Distress Ink), Pink Pirouette (SU!)
Accessories: Round-it-all, loop edge punch (SU!), buttons, string, ruffle ribbon (May Arts), chocolate pearls (KaiserCraft), liquid pearls (Ranger)

16 comments

  1. I love this card, and that butterfly is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. I love the colors! The butterfly is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card makes me smile! Beautiful, Julee! Hope I can play along again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julee this is so PRETTY, thanks for a wonderful sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful, Julee! I really need to think about using my distress inks for more than just sponging!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julee, this is GORGEOUS! Oh my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my - awesome! I'm going to have to spend some time looking at those new releases!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you put things together! It fits the sketch so well. I love that little notebook too! Very pretty card ~ you made me smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stamp images. Totally digging this layout and the liquid gold dots! Hus, M

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so incredibly gorgeous. I think that little pizazz was definitely the right call! It just give the card a little extra "umph!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scrumptious! Lovely papers and perfect stamps for the sketch! Love that butterfly and the notepad stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the details on this gorgeous card - that butterfly is awesome & I love the buttons, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julee your card is gorgeous. Stampin' Up is finally coming out with some 'jewels' on July 1st and I can't wait. Love the little 'jewels' on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ack Julee...I'll be stalking the mailman now for sure! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love love love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. a very beautiful card!

    the paper is so nice!

    xoxo silvi (from germany)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you used the notepaper for a panel, Julee...yippeee!!!! I'm done work for 2 months and get to stamp the summer away...fingers crossed my order arrives Friday...but since it's our holiday tomorrow...maybe Monday...in time for Mojo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to brighten my day with a comment! I love hearing from you.

Back to Top