Powered by Blogger.

Dance, Sing, Live

Happy Friday!  I logged on this morning to type up a quick post and immediately got distracted by Blogger's new Template Editor and totally forgot about the post!  I did a little bit of re-arranging, although everything still looks pretty much like the same little home on the web.  Mainly I changed where the comment link is, so now y'all can find the comment box in the same place as everybody else's. :)



Anyhow, here's my card for the day... the last card I made while I was at Laurie's.  I just fell in love with the stripes on this 7 Gypsies paper and had to use as much of it as I could.  I covered one section of a 2 part Maya Road chipboard butterfly with it, and then inked up the other with black ink and painted with Black Diamond Stickles.  I ADORE this butterfly!  I knew I wanted to use this sentiment from Blessings, but I didn't want to mute the stripes by adding vellum, so I painted a swatch of ivory paint directly on the paper in about roughly the same size as the sentiment, let it dry, then embossed the sentiment in black and added a little black soot sponging around the edges of the painted area to blend it together.

To tie everything together I added a bit of black lace up top and a fun border punch at the bottom, then added a trio of black pearls down the side to finish it off.  Okay, that's all for me.  I've got lots of work to do, so I better quit lollygagging.  Hope you have a super fantastic weekend!

7 comments

Marisa said...

I saw the template changes too and wanted to play around but don't have time right now - darn!

Love the card. Fabulous colour combo and aren't you a smarty pants with the paint! Great idea and effect. Great butterfly too!

Noor Nahdi said...

Fabulous card!!

Myrna said...

Julee
This is one GREAT card. Love it.
Myrna

Michelle Woerner said...

Hey, I got sidetracked this morning with the new templates too! Only I couldnt' figure out most of the stuff! LOL!

Love this card, love that butterfly too. Hugs Julee!

Luanne said...

This is so creative ~ just like you!

Whimsey said...

Eeeeeekkkkkk; amazing; LOVE the ivory paint and then the smudging around the edges - amazing!!

Michelle Woerner said...

OK, I see you are still playing around with the templates... me too! LOL!