Hello Sunshine

So the other day with my shabby birthday card, I was talking about the Devonshire Collection papers from Kaisercraft and how I loved its versatility. Today's card uses the same collection, with a much bolder look. Love the deep orange and aqua!


I started by stamping the sun from Let it Shine twice on choice buttercream cardstock in A Muse black ink. Next I colored with Copic markers. I LOVE the way my shading turned out, although I ended up glitterfying the whole thing, so you can't really see the shading anymore. LOL! Oh well, 'tis the sacrifice one must make for sparkle. :) I cut out one sun with a circle die, then trimmed the other with scissors and popped up on dimensionals. None of my cardstocks were giving the right look for a mat, so I decided to go for a whimsical hand-drawn double line border with a Copic multiliner and then colored in with a Copic marker. To pull things together, I extended this look to the sentiment panel and the designer paper panel.

The sentiment is also from Let it Shine, and I accented with a few different sizes of aqua rhinestones from the Lush collection by My Mind's Eye. Inspired by Amy Sheffer's use of twill on this little card, I dug and dug through my stash of ribbons and finally found a small length of twill to use on my card. The orange dp is embossed with the Script background folder, with a little sanding to set it off. And everything is on a 4.25 x 5.5" choice buttercream card base.

What's in It?
Stamps: Let it Shine (Verve)
Paper: Devonshier Collection (KaiserCraft), choice buttercream (Taylored Expressions)
Ink: A Muse Black Dye ink, Copic Markers, Copic Multiliner, Wild Honey Ranger Distress (for sponged edges)
Accessories: Lemon Stickles, twill, linen thread, Lush rhinestones, Script embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

7 comments

  1. Neat card- great for a guy. I like the sanding on the orange script panel. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS Julee! Oh my gosh, the colors, the layout. . .everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these colors. It is so great how you doodled all of the double borders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty cards.
    Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cute little doodly borders! And I can see your awesome shading. I'm taking a Copic certification class...thank goodness, 'cause I know absolutely nothing about them! You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a yummy summer colour combo!! I need to use those suns soon so thanks for the inspiration...perfect bling, love the different sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful cards, fabulous use of colours
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to brighten my day with a comment! I love hearing from you.

Back to Top