Powered by Blogger.

With Gratitude

Hi everyone! What a crazy week this has been. I'm beginning to realize that if I want to accomplish one thing I have to give up another. Last night when Mark got home, I said, "We HAVE to get these dishes done tonight!" (pointing to the dirty dishes that have been piling up while we've both been working crazy hours the last little while.) Mark looks at me and says, "Why? Who's coming over tomorrow?" BWAHAHAHAHAHA! The little stinker! So that comment alone inspired me to clean the entire kitchen, including all those dirty dishes. Which means I didn't have any time for the crafting I had planned.


So, I'm pulling this little project out of the archives. I made it for one of the challenges at our last release, but I never posted it here on the blog, so here goes. It uses Tori Wild's cute little gift card holder template. The adorable paper is from the Be Loved collection by My Mind's Eye. I stamped the red Labels 1 in Very Vanilla craft ink with the polka dot background from Bountiful Backgrounds, then layered a kraft label on top, which I sponged with Vintage Photo distress ink and stamped the sentiment from Thankful Hearts.


Inside I added some coordinating paper, then stamped the pedestal and thank you sentiment from Thankful Accents in Riding Hood Red directly on the kraft. Simple & sweet! :)

14 comments

Unknown said...

just beautiful Julee! I hear you on the dishes... some are calling my name right now, but I'm trying hard to ignore them....

Marisa said...

The little rotter! Maybe you'll get your turn at saying "why, you can wear the same clothes as you did yesterday" when the laundry is piled high and needs to be done LOL :D

Love the little gift card holder. Wonderful DP and beautifully done! Hope you get a bit of down time over the holidays!!

Marna said...

Your work is so adorable!!!! I really like your style!

Robin McK said...

Ahhh, true love! Great job on this project!

Katie Cotton said...

love the colors and papers you used! And how fun that the "belt" slips off. Ok, i know it should have a better name than a belt, but my brain is fried!

KAT said...

I with you sister - this time of year is so hectic but I do love it... I just spent 3 days wrapping gifts and they are done and ready to go... What I should be doing now is addressing all my cards - I know they are going to take extra postage so I need to get them to the post office!

Happy Holidays!

Kristina said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love that dp! I just might need to go shopping so that I can have it, too, hehe.

Amy Sheffer said...

Fantastic gift card holder! Love that paper, and especially how you mixed in the Kraft! Gorgeous!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Love this, Julee! Such the perfect packaging!

Anonymous said...

Love this..I had the same conversation this morning about dishes..

Jen Tapler said...

Oh my goodness JULEE!!! I absolutely LOVE this!! The style of gift card holder with the belly band thing, the DP is AWESOME, and of course the KRAFT!!! :-) LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! This one's going straight into my bookmarked files to be CASE'd!!

Sharon said...

What an awesome card. Love the card holder. Stunning!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great card holder, love the band girl!

Jen Shults said...

Oooh! This is fantastic. And I NEED to make one of these so it's perfect timing to find this. Your card is just amazingly gorgeous! LOVE it! And I've sooo been there with the dishes.