Powered by Blogger.

Simply Amazing!

Already Wednesday? Sheesh! The week is flying by! It's day 3 of the Mojo Turns 100 Celebration and today's sketch was designed by Teresa Kline. She's got a little blog candy over on her blog today, so be sure to hop on over there!


I knew I wanted to use this image from the Budding Blossoms set that I hadn't had a chance to stamp with yet, so I embossed it with clear EP and Craft Chocolate Chip ink. I made a tiny little smudge, so I dusted off my little air art tool from SU! and added some more speckles to camouflage my boo-boo. The leaves are colored with Copic markers, then I used a classic square nestabilities die as a stencil to sponge Soft Sky ink around the edges.

The sentiment tab is created using my new QuicKutz Nesting Labels dies and I embossed a sentiment from Bountiful Backgrounds in Chocolate Chip and added a few dew drops. I pulled this scrap of DP from the pile. I think it's last year's Alpine Christmas paper from SU! Since I wanted a reedsy/woodsy feel, I chose Kraft as my other color and embossed with a cuttlebug folder. The horizontal panel is run through my paper crimper, then I sponged the edges of both panels with Vintage Photo ink.

I finished off with a little chocolate chip grosgrain, some Lime Green Stickles and a photo corner punch to balance things out.

13 comments

TannyP said...

Seriously beautiful! The dew drops are perfect to balance the sentiment and your colors & texture are perfection.

Shauna K said...

beautiful! love the texture and sparkles :D and of course the LO is fab ;)

Cheryl said...

Sooo pretty Julee! I LOVE this color combo! As always, your creation turned out gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love the sentiment, new one? Wicked card again girl!

Jackie Pedro said...

Another gorgeous creation!! LOVE the stickles on the leaves and the brown speckles look awesome!!!

queen-of-nostalgia said...

I love your style :) And I have to say, I am sooo loving all of the sketches at Mojo! Fabulous fun! :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the textured background.

Shannan Teubner said...

This is fabulous, Julee! Love the colors and the spritz of chocolate...hides mistakes perfectly! LOL

Linda Carson said...

WOW Julee! This is one handsome piece of artwork! It's loaded w/mojo!

Silke Ledlow said...

Absolutely beautiful - Julee!!! Love the CB texture you added!!!

Guess what I received my Stamps today...thank you sooooo much...this was super duper fast :)!!!! I inked them already up and now I'm trying to catch up on the Mojo Sketches!!!

Have a great evening!!! Hugs ~S~

Anonymous said...

Wow - love the vivid colors! Gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

wow,Its simply and cute card,
Color comb is beautiful
--
Michell
Wireless Home Alarm Security Systems

Anonymous said...

Well I have to say that I love all your cards but I love this one becauseof the speckles and I fail to see any boo boo! on your card! Its stunning! :0)