Powered by Blogger.

Tigress in the Flower Patch

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope y'all had a fabulous weekend. Mark and I had so much fun on our weekend getaway, and now I'm a little slow getting back into the groove of things this week. I just finished my mojo card after a very rushed mid-morning stamp session. Be sure to check out the Mojo Monday blog for this week's sketch and the awesome samples from the Mojo Makers.

When I was at the LSS the other day buying myself my Valentine's treat, I came across a few new Penny Black flower images. Now, I have absolutely no self-control when it comes to Penny Black flowers - if I see one I don't have, I MUST have it! So several jumped into my cart and I've been so excited to get to stamp with them. The first one is this Tigress image. I usually color with Copics because I'm lazy, but Penny Black always inspires me to pull out my first coloring love - Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. I stamped in Ancient Page Coal Black, laid down my colors with the pencils and then blended with Gamsol and a stump. I still have never figured out exactly what watercolor artists do to make a colored glow come from the inside of the picture, so I went with my old standby of inking the edges with first Barely Banana and then So Saffron ink.

My colors were inspired by the paper from the Making Memories Flower Patch collection, and I used several designs in that collection for the panels on the sketch, matting everything with Wasabi green. I felt my image looked a little more interesting askew, so I made a last minute decision to stray slightly from the sketch. The sentiment is from the Wonderful Wishes set and the ribbon is American Crafts. I finished off with Stickles accents in yellow, eucalyptus and cotton candy.

30 comments

Joey said...

Hi Julee, oh my gosh I love your card, the colours are gorgeous, the image is so pretty,. joey.x

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is so gorgeous Julee!! Love your colors!! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

I love those flowers Julee and your colors are so soft and pretty. Have a good week.

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Love your card, the flowers are so pretty.

Andrea said...

Your card is beautiful!
xAndrea

Michelle said...

So glad you had a nice weekend, Julee. And what a beautiful card - love the subtle spring colors...just really quite lovely.

Betty J Schaub said...

Oh sooo pretty Julee! Love the fading around the images.

Heeheee my verification word is fartound. ROFLMBO!!!

Carly said...

Beautiful card!!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Julee! Love the softness and those flowers are beautiful!! I just got back from my LSS and picked up that whole line of DP! It's so pretty!

Stef H said...

This is gorgeous! Those colors are fabulous! I would have bought the stamp myself too. Unfortunately my LSS isn't open until Thurs. Guess I'll have to make a special trip!

Joanne (jojot) said...

soft and luscious....

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty. I'm amazed everytime at your fabulous shading!! The colors are so pretty and soft. Glad you had a great weekend :)

Bethany Paull said...

This is so lovely Julee. And your own personal glow edges look perfect to me.

Lisa said...

So pretty! Love the colors! Although, when I saw the title on my blog reader, I was kinda hoping to see a picture of Katie.... LOL!

Cheryl said...

Stunning!!! Love the colours and gorgeous image!!

Jackie Pedro said...

I love the fresh spring colors on this beautiful card, Julee!! Glad you had a great weekend!!

Jenny said...

This is just gorgeous Julee! I love Penny Black Flowers too!

Lynda Benden said...

This is gorgeous Julee! I love the flowers and the colors are perfect with your papers!! Awesome sketch this week, I definitely need to find time to play!!!

Janette said...

so pretty Julee!! I love the colors and how you tilted the image panel too

Doris said...

absolutely gorgeous

Lorie said...

This is completely beautiful Julee!

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Julee!! Dontcha just love it when fabulous items jump right in your cart..I have that problem too!!

Riet said...

woww Julee,what a gorgeous card.
l love the colours.

hugs Riet.xx

Allison said...

Those are gorgeous flowers and I love the colour you used!

Mary Fish said...

Fantastic. I love the layer behind your main image. Very clevah! Hugs, Mary

Denise said...

Soooo pretty Julee! I love the soft colors on this!!

Marisa said...

I hear you re: the PB flower stamps. They are wonderful!! Great card using this one.

Helen said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colours...and your new stamp!
Helen x

Whimsey said...

Wow Julee, I really love the colors. Looks so springy!!

Anonymous said...

All ic an say is, PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY!!!