Powered by Blogger.

Abundant Mojo

Happy Monday, everyone! It's already time for another mojo sketch! I'm going to confess right now that I went a little layer crazy on this sketch. I based it off a scrapbook page I made a while ago, but didn't realize until I sat down to make my sample card that all those layers are a lot harder to fit on a card than a scrapbook page! LOL Anyhow, I flipped the sketch for my card, and despite all the layer craziness I really love the way it turned out. Be sure to check out the Mojo Monday blog for this week's sketch and to see the fabulous creations from the Mojo Makers!

The set I used is one of my personal favorites, Abundant Blessings - and it's on sale, along with 42 other sets, through the end of February. I pulled out an old Stella Ruby BasicGrey pad for the patterned paper and took my color combo from that. I stamped the two flowers in A Muse Black and then colored with copics and painted with some Hottie Pink Shimmerz. The square is cut with Classic Square Nestabilities, and I used the die as a mask to sponge on first barely banana and then so saffron ink, to try to pick up the same feel as the patterned paper. The Cameo Coral pieces are all stamped with the smallest flower in the set using Regal Rose ink. (And I used regal rose simply because I accidentally swapped regal rose and cameo coral in my caddy last time I had them out). I used my new love - the Eyelet Border punch from SU! - and added the sentiment in black and some Pebbles Inc. black candy dots on each side. The ribbon was a last minute addition, which I really like, and I finished off with some Fruit Punch Stickles accents.

18 comments

Cheryl said...

So pretty,the colour combo looks beautiful!!! The sketch is fabulous!!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Julee!!! I LOVE all the layers! The more the merrier for me ;)

Anonymous said...

Julee this is gorgeous! Love the colors. The black makes it pop!

Anonymous said...

Julee this is so pretty!! I love the coral color you used. :)

Riet said...

woww Julee,what a gorgeous card,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.xx

Allison said...

This is gorgeous. I love the colours.

CarrollAnn (~CA~) said...

Love your card and the beautiful colors!! I like how you flipped the sketch, too!

dpkennedy said...

Love these colors! Looks like a great sketch and I'm going to check it out! Beautiful card Julee!

Teresa Kline said...

Julee, i luv this, the colors and the pop of black.....awesome! *~*

Anonymous said...

Julee, this is wicked, love the colours!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is BEAUTIFUL, Julee!! I LOVE the touch of black...really makes everything pop!!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, Julee! The colors are fabulous, especially with the black. It's great that you have only a small piece of DP and the rest is stamped with a Verve set! Thanks for this wonderful inspiration!

Pat S. said...

Totally worth the effort...this is absolutely gorgeous!

Mary Fish said...

Smashing! I love the black accents with the coral. The sketch is fabulous flipped. Hugs, Mary

Whimsey said...

WOW; this is absolutely stunning Julee - really love it!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply gorgeous - Julee!!! Love those fab colors!!!

Crystal said...

What a stunning card ! Beautiful colors and layout !

Myrt said...

....a beautiful card, as always, Julee. Gorgeous colours also.