Powered by Blogger.

Mama said...

there'll be days like this, there'll be days like this, my Mama said. :)

So now that I've got y'all singing that song for the rest of the day, I just wanted to let you know that my computer is having a bad day. I got the blue screen of death when I tried to reboot and now it won't even turn on. GRRR! Doesn't it know I have important things to do? So I'm being forced to play hooky today and surf the Internet on hubby's old dog of a computer, without access to email or the million and one to-do tasks set up in my Outlook! LOL ;) And since both my photo editing software and the photos that I was going to show you today are being held hostage by Mr. Gateway until hubby gets home from work and attempts his computer fix-it magic, I'll show you this project I uploaded over on PCP a while ago, but never showed here.

This month's Verve Project Parade challenge is to make anything but a card, otherwise known as ABC Projects. Be sure to check out the blog to see all the wonderful creations from the Verve Divas. And if you play along with us, you could win $15 in Verve Bucks for use at the Verve Stamps store.

Now, I normally stick to what I know best... cards, but when the holidays come around I always try to make a few little homemade somethings. For this project, I followed the tutorial for the Tiny Treat Basket over on SCS. The main base of the basket is So Saffron, and I cut pieces of red and green paper from the BasicGrey Wassail Collection to cover each of the sides. For the peppermint patty covers, I stamped the snowflake from Winter Wonder on several 1 3/8" circles, then sponged with creamy caramel, close to cocoa and chocolate chip ink. I matted with chocolate chip scallop circle punches and then added some Cinnamon Stickles to each of the dots on each snowflake. The box is held together with copper brads on either side, which also attach the chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon handle. This little project only took about 15 minutes from start to finish. And I'm sure it would take even less time now that I've done it once and understand the folds better.

Hopefully my computer will be all better tomorrow and I can show you some of my recent projects. :)

9 comments

Stef H said...

WOW! That's adorable. I've been wracking my brain to come up with something for some of the family members (with who we don't exchange gifts) and this is perfect. Thanks for the idea!
Computer problems STINK! Hope you get yours back real soon!

Stef H

Christi Flores said...

Girl, I've been having blue screen problems too so I totally feel ya. Hope DH gets everything back online for you. This set is adorable!!! Love it!!

Enjoli said...

Very very cute project! I love the color combo! =)

Anonymous said...

man between you and shannan's blog i'm not going to get to sleep tonight without some song stuck in my head ;) i love this little box, anything with your fantastic shading skills always rocks!!!

Dawn Easton said...

So cute Julee AND yummy! hehe!
Hope your computer woes are fixed soon! I'll catch up with you on Sunday when I return! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Carin said...

So cute... you use some colors on things I would never think of (like brown on snowflakes), but they always look so good!

Joy said...

I love how you inked/sponged that snowflake circle. I am definitely going to try that when I get home! so cute your box! TFS!

dpkennedy said...

This is too cute! And mmmm...love peppermint patties!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh...I know exactly what you mean about that blue screen. It sends my heart racing! I hope Mr. Verve can work his magic! Love your little box! So sweet and so you!