Powered by Blogger.

Long Time No Stamp

Well, to you it probably doesn't feel like I haven't been stamping much, but my stamping days have been about 5 total in the last month, so I feel rusty and out of practice. Last night I was determined to make something new with one of the stamp sets I bought on my spending spree to try to jumpstart my mojo again. This set is the BasicGrey Granola Bitsy Butterfly. And while this week's SCS Color Challenge of Pixie Pink, Kiwi Kiss and Tangerine Tango is nowhere near the colors in the Granola collection, I did think that it would go well with the happy little butterflies and swirly leaves.

I started by stamping the butterfly two times in Tangerine Tango. Next I stamped the swirly leaves in Kiwi Kiss and added a flower in Pixie Pink. I stamped another Pixie Pink flower, then added some more swirls around the first flower in Kiwi Kiss. I cut out the second set of butterfly wings and flower, then covered them with VersaMark and embossed with Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder for shimmery sparkle. I popped these pieces up over my images, then matted the panel with black to ground the bright colors a bit. The Kiwi patterned paper is from the SU! Urban Garden collection. The Tangerine Tango piece is punched with the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Punch (although as usual, I ended up covering most of it up! LOL) I added some grosgrain ribbon in a knotted bow, then stamped the sentiment from Artful Elegance on a small square cut and embossed with Nestabilities, then matted on the SU! scalloped square punch. I finished off wyth a pearl in the center of the flower and two trios of accents above and below my main panel. These are just 1/8" punches of black cardstock which I glued to the paper and then added Black Stickles to. I finished off with a Pixie Pink card base.

28 comments

Jessica Diedrich said...

It's GORGEOUS, Julee! Glad to see your Mojo is still, totally, in tact ;) I'm not surprised, though!!! You rock!

Karen Giron said...

Wow Julee! This is so stunning - you'd never know you are 'rusty'. Love it!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, Julee! You really rocked that color combo!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Julee! I can't believe what an elegant card you made using the bright colors! Wow! I have so much to learn! Thanks for the inspiration!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Julee this is stunning hun, truly a gorgeous card!!! Linda x

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card Julee! Love it!

Missy said...

Great card. I love it. The sparkle on the butterfly is awesome. I just adore butterflies. TFS!!!

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!!!!

Unknown said...

SO beautiful, Julee! I, too, just bought this stamp set (haven't inked it up yet though.. :)). Thanks for the inspiration!

Deborah said...

Gorgeous! Just love this card! Deb

Valerie said...

WOWZERS! the color combo is beautiful and so is your card!!!

Tanja said...

Whatever! This is quality over quantity! Stunning!!!!

Anonymous said...

This card is stunning! Your choice of colors are amazing - and the stamps are just beautiful!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Melissa S. said...

Well Julie You look like you got your Mojo back with this one. Love the embossing. I have to get this stamp now for sure. I'm going to go and do my card now. Thanks, Melissa

Stef H said...

Wow! I mean WOW! And you think you're rusty?????? For real????? I wish my "normal" was as good as your "rusty"! This is gorgeous!

Stef H

Anonymous said...

Love your card, the colors are beautiful together.

smallcity

Anonymous said...

i wish my cards turned out this cute when i'm rusty!!! looks great Julee!!!

Myrt said...

....beautiful card, Julee....very stunning!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I would NEVER have put these colors together myself. ;-)

Jackie Pedro said...

This is so pretty, Julee! You really made these colors work!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! LOVE the orange butterfly!

Cindy

Katie Cotton said...

oh my i love it! And that stamp is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card!! So very elegant!! Love your color combo with this!! ;)

Taylor said...

This is wonderful!!! The butterfly looks so delicate and beautiful!! I love it all!

Anonymous said...

Loving the colours - they look devine like that - plus that butterfly is totally cute.

dasimonds said...

Absolutely Beautiful Card!
I love the colors.
Butterfly is so sweet.
Pretty BG DP.

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, just gorgeous! That butterfly is so pretty!!

Nancy Riley said...

Such a gorgeous card, Julee! Only a pro like you could pick up where you left off! First class design - as always!