Powered by Blogger.

OCC Warmest Thanks


Happy Saturday! It's time for another Our Creative Corner challenge, and this week's a color challenge I'm sure you'll love. I had such fun playing along as this month's Guest Designer again this week. Be sure to check out the OCC Blog for all the challenge details.

I started by stamping the flower from Beautiful You in Memento Rich Cocoa ink and then coloring with Copic markers. I then stamped the flower again and just cut out the top four swirls and the center. I glued down the center with regular adhesive and put small pieces of pop dots on the end of each of the four trimmed swirls, to make them pop up. Next I highlighted all the swirls in the flower with a Diamond Glaze and glitter mixture. Then I took one of the cool stamps from the Inkadinkado Foliage Trails set and stamped around the outer edges of the panel, as well as across a piece of Ruby Red cardstock.

The sentiment is from the Artful Elegance set, and I inked up the top section with Ruby Red and the bottom with Rich Cocoa and stamped on a Nestabilities tag. (It's actually a key hole looking tag from the Tags 5 collection, but I oriented it under the flower panel so it looks like just a little miniature of the top panel.) I also stamped just the corners with the fall foliage stamp, then inked both panels with Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip inks. The Ruby Red strip I stamped earlier is matted on Chocolate Chip and I pierced holes across the top and bottom edges, then tied a knotted bow of chocolate chip polytwill across the panel. The olive panel is from the SU! Bali Breeze DSP pack and I added some antique copper brads (lifting the concept of one big and one small brad as an accent from JanTink's cool cards of late). I finished off by matting everything on a chocolate chip card base.

Okay, hope y'all have a no-stress fun-filled weekend!

20 comments

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! I love the colors, layout, everything!!

Amy said...

I saw your card on the OCC site this morning, it's beautiful Julee!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Oh that's beautiful!!!

Christi Flores said...

This is stunning!! That color combo is so warm. I love it!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Julee, this is gorgeous!! Those colors are awesome together!!

Anonymous said...

when do you sleep girl.....I am soooo amazed at how much stamping you have accomplished along w/ running a business!!

Again.......fall colors.....aaahhh.....only 9 more looooooong days of summer vacation!! heheheheh

squirrellyshirley

The Country Rose said...

Love, love, love your card! It's gorgeous!

Sew This N That said...

Oh very sophisticated! I love it :)
**Hugs** Heather x

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful layout and design Julee, thanks so much for playing!


Stamping hugs, Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

Julee, you are amazing! All of your cards are always complete eye candy. This one and the one posted before are no exception.

Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

Denise Marzec said...

Love you're awesome diamond glaze and glitter trick! Always so pretty!

Amy Sheffer said...

Julee, this is just smashing!!! I love your flower with the popped up layers and the diamond glaze/glitter mixture.

Sophie said...

Wow!!! Beautiful!!!

Debbie Olson said...

Such rich colors--a fabulous card, Julee!

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW, so gorgeous!!!!! I just got this set last week, can't wait to ink it up!!! I left you an award on my blog for being so inspirational - if you have time, check it out!!!
Chris

Anonymous said...

Julee,
I just LOVE the richness of this card and with the flower popping out its like the cherry on top of the sundae! Simply gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous as always!!!!

Hey, Julee - I nominated you for a blog award over on my blog... check it out!!!! http://crazycatstamper.blogspot.com/

Deborah said...

Fabulous card! Deb

Carolyn King said...

this is gorgeous..i love it!

Holly said...

Julee, thank you for inspiring me to create a card with your layout. If you would like to see it, here it is:

http://forums.cornishheritagefarms.com/pp/showphoto.php/photo/13385

I was doing a color challenge for CHF, which is why I had those particular colors on there. I love your deeper richer colors on your card. :-)