Powered by Blogger.

Just a Note

This week's OCC Challenge is to use BasicGrey paper somewhere on your project. And since I just ordered the new Euphoria papers from Lindsey, I new exactly what I was going to use for this challenge. Especially since all of my other BasicGrey paper is packed away in boxes right now! Anyways, this week's challenge has a prize - a $15 gift certificate to Jacksonbelle Embellishments, and let me tell you, Lindsey has the coolest stuff, and she ships super fast! My kinda gal! ;)

I decided to pull out an old fave from SU! Doodle This is one of my faves - I just love the look of this flower. It's one of those stamps that makes making a great card really easy. I stamped it on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers before cutting out. Next I stamped it again on some of the Euphoria paper and then colored the tiny leaves and glued down. For some added dimension, I used regular adhesive for the inner portions of the flower and then put a pop dot on the outer edge of each petal, so they would seem to pop up. The rectangles were all cut with the Classic Rectangles from Nestabilities using Purely Pomegranate and River Rock as my accessory colors to the DP. Next I cut two different patterns from the Euphoria collection, matted them on River Rock and then embossed the biggest one with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. I stamped Just a Note from the Asian Flair set in black and then matted everything on a white card base. To finish I added some white gel pen doodling and then some Stardust Stickles on the stamped image and a flat back pearl for the flower center.

Okay, be sure you check out the OCC blog to see all the details on how to enter for the prize!

14 comments

Jennifer Meyer said...

Wow Julee your card and design are so pretty. I LOVE the embossing and gorgeous papers. Thanks so much for playing.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer:)

Stephanie Hargis said...

This is beautiful Julee! I love that stamp too! It was the very first stamp set that I owned actually! I love how you popped the petals up! That is a terrific idea! Thanks so much for always sharing your gorgeous cards!

Lisa said...

GORGEOUS, as ALWAYS!!!!

I have GOT to get my hands on that Euphoria paper! I'm just waiting for my LSS to get it in.... they already have it on my order card.... He he he.... Like I *need* more paper.....

Amy said...

Oh Julee, I adore this card! The papers are fabulous and the visit from an "old friend" (old stamp set) is refreshing! Hope you are doing well--I have heard much from you on the old blog lately! I hope that means you are having a good summer and are finding no time to peruse blogs!

Hugs,
Amy

Christi Flores said...

This is awesome Julee!! I've always loved this set and I LOVE that paper!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

OH, just gorgeous, Julee! When I think of Basic Grey paper, I always think of you for some reason! Isn't that funny? I think you're the one that got me hooked on it! hee hee

Lynda Benden said...

This is SO pretty Julee! I LOVE the paper and now am going to HAVE to buy it!!! LOL!!! Great job!

Dawn Easton said...

Your card is so pretty Julee! I love that flower! Those papers are super pretty too! Thanks for playing along with us, good luck in the prize drawing!

Cindy Haffner said...

Super Julee, love your flower, one of my favorites from SU. Thanks for playing with us.

ChrissyM said...

Wow gorgeous card!

Sandy Knecht said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors and patterns you used.

Rach said...

Beautiful card Julee, you are so clever. hugs rach.xx

Bethany Paull said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty Jul! I never think to emboss my pattern paper.

Jessy said...

Julee- I love those new papers. WOW, they look so awesome on this card. I also enjoy that SU stamp set too!! Very pretty and insprirational card. ~Jess