Powered by Blogger.

VSN Wrap Up

Okay, so I made quite a few cards this weekend and I have some VERY exciting news to tell y'all... but you still have to wait until I get home. I'm typing this from Cindy's computer after everyone has gone to bed and I can have unlimited access to the computer! I didn't realize how addicted I am to checking my email and blog until I had to share a computer with 4 other people for the weekend! LOL!

I did make a few VSN challenge cards, but I found out that I'm a creature of habit and had a really hard time focusing on the challenges since I wasn't at home with access to all my favorite stamps. I also did my fair share of watching everyone else stamp! I felt a little off my game when doing the challenges. We did have a few of our own challenges going on here using some old PageMaps sketches. I'll be sharing my cards and goodies from my stay at Cindy's (and my super exciting news... have you guessed it yet?) throughout the week.

But for now, I'll leave you with the challenge cards I posted on SCS... Sorry for the poor photos, I am not much of a photographer without my tripod, OTT Lite and D-flector portable photo studio!

Broomzelda. I'm SO not a witch person, but when brainstorming about things that fly for this challenge, I thought of a witch and Cindy had this hilarious stamp that I just HAD to use. The stamp is by Uptown Media and is stamped on white shimmer paper and colored with prismacolors, mineral spirits and stardust gel pen accents. I didn't like the stars in the image, so I used my Stamp-a-majig to stamp the star from the Small Saying (Stampin Up) set over the stars. Dots are made with a white glaze pen and the paper is K-ology from the huge drawer of scraps that Cindy was nice enough to let us dip into. We were like kids in the candy store!

French Filigree. This card was a disaster! LOL. It started out with a PageMaps sketch Cindy and I were using. The image is from the Technique Tuesday Irony set and is stamped on Very Vanilla in Pale Plum and then painted with Crystal Effects. The ovals are cut with the Creative Memories cutting system and matted on a giga scalloped oval punch. Cindy's version of French Flair (she cut out the birds and rearranged the rubber when she mounted it) is stamped on Pale Plum with Perfect Plum ink. I got these really coool silver ribbon sliders from Impress on our shopping trip and had to use one. I ORIGINALLY stamped Merci (Carte Postale) on Enchante paper in Pale Plum, cut out and then painted on crystal effects to make a bubble inside the slider. I went to call my husband, leaving it to dry. When I came back, it had been moved, and a paper had been placed on top of it, mucking it up. I tried to just put more crystal effects over it, but when it dried you couldn't even read the words. So I pulled it all out, stamped in Perfect Plum and tried again. That time I got it too wet and the ink bled and you couldn't read the word, so I tore it out and tried again. This time I stamped in Black stazon so it wouldn't bleed and put it up on the apple crate Cindy uses to take her photos. Then someone moved a card and placed it on top of the crystal effects!!! That time it didn't damage it, although it's not as bubbly and even as I had hoped it would be. I'm not doing it again, though! LOL

Thoughtful Piercings. This challenge card was to do paper piercing, which really isn't much of a challenge for me, since I pierce almost all of my cards! This was another PageMaps sketch Cindy and I were doing. The flower images are from Pink Cat Studio and a re prismacolored. The Thinking of You is from Green Grass Stamps. The paper is Basic Grey Blush.

4 comments

Allison Rankin said...

I know what you mean "being out of your element"...I find it difficult to create in that situation too! Your cards turned out great despite some of the circumstances...

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

All of your cards are wonderful! Can't wait to see pics of your time! Sounds like you're having a blast!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

I think they are all great! But I know what you mean. The witch one looks cute! Can't wait to hear the 'big news'!!

Linda Nicholson said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun! I think all of your cards are awesome (I really don't think you can make a bad card). Can't wait to see what your surprise is.

Linda