Powered by Blogger.

Dreams & Doodling

I just love the SAB Happy Harmony set. Both the flowers and the sentiments just call out to me whenever I can't decide on a stamp set to use. I've felt like I've been in a stamping slump lately. Do you ever feel like it just seems like work to sit down and come up with something original? That's been me lately. When I opened up my drawer and saw this stamp, I knew I had to use it. My dream is to be able to stay at home and stamp without having to do the regular 9 to 5 thing. Right now I'm temporarily living this dream, trying to come up with a way to keep cinderella at the ball! :) LOL! This card was good for the soul - it had no purpose other than to remind me why I love to stamp. You know what my favorite part of stamping is??? The DETAILS! I just love putting it all together and adding those finishing touches...ribbon, hardware, glitter, doodles.

This week's personal challenge is doodling suggested by Linda. I am NOT a master doodler, by any stretch. Actually, I was secretly hoping there would be some other suggestions, because doodling is something I really struggle with. LOL! For this card, I used one of my favorite doodle techniques...dotting. Dotting is so easy! The main thing to remember is to use straight up and down motions. Any angles and you're going to get uneven dots. For the dots around the Dreams circle I used the 2.3mm end of my Black Stampin Write Journaler. For the dots on the bottom panel of the Basic Grey paper (hopefully they show in the picture), I used my Stampin Write Basic Black Marker. Glitter dots are all made with a round stylus and Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds mixture.

I started by stamping the flower from Happy Harmony on Basic Grey Sublime paper in Black Stazon. I then used my Stampin Write Black marker to just ink the Dreams portion of the stamp and stamped over the flower stems. Next I used my Creative Memories Circle Cutting System to cut out the image and matted onto a Basic black Giga Scallop Circle punch. Then I stamped the entire Dreams sentiment in Black Stazon and cut out and used the ticket corner punch and matted on basic black cardstock. I used my 1/8" hole punch to make a hole and tied some black grosgrain on to make a tag.

For the background panel, I used two different papers from the Sublime Basic Grey collection and added ribbon and a slider to cover where they meet. I then glued the dreams circle on with 2 layers of pop dots and added all sorts of glitter with my stylus. It's pretty glitzy, but I had fun!

To distress this card, I used my Black Stazon ink directly on the tag panel, swiping on the edges and lightly across the top in a few places. I sanded around the edges of the flower circle with a sanding block, to soften the colors a little. I used my Tonic paper distresser (love this tool!) on the edges of the main panel and did a little light sanding as well.

If you have ideas for future weekly challenges, please either email me or leave me a comment. I'd love to hear what you'd like to see in future posts!

5 comments

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Love all the doodling and the glitz! The Basic Grey patterned paper really sets this card apart.

And just so you know, I only suggested doodling as a challenge because I admire the doodling that YOU do (boy that sounds funny...that doodling you do...LOL)! I am the one that is doodle challenged!

So what Cat's Pajamas did you indulge in? I just received a bunch of sentiments from them (I know, I have yet to upload a Cat's Pajamas creation into my gallery...although I have made a couple of cards, they've just been given away and I didn't have time (or sufficient light for that matter) to take a decent picture.

Linda

Anonymous said...

slump? doesn't look like a slump to me!! looks wonderful!! it even looks like a sunset behind the flowers, so awesome!

SS

Lisa and Penny said...

That card is AWESOME!! I love the sublime paper with it. Thanks for the inspiration! *Penny*

Cindy Lou Who said...

Pattern Paper AND DOODLING?? You are totally talking my talk now!! Love the card!!

Heidi said...

Beautiful! I love the Happy Harmony flower stamped in black! This looks great!