Powered by Blogger.

Hello Plain Janes!

A little while back, a friend over on SCS sent me a package with some stamped images from Simply Said. I have been dying to use them, but I've got so many new stamps to play with, too. Last night when I was having a bit of stamper's block (there are three unfinished cards sitting on my desk that I started and just couldn't find a good way to finish!) I decided to pull the flower image out and have some fun coloring. Then once the image was done, I had no idea what to do, so I rummaged through the huge box of clearance items I bought the first week of January and this cute little bag of Plain Janes chipboard flowers popped out at me.

I started the card by coloring the flowers with my aquapainter and the end of my Night of Navy and Bravo Burgundy Watercolor Crayons. I then used my paper piercer to punch each of the tiny holes on each stem. Next I did a color wash with Brocade Blue around the flower images and on the stems. Then I matted on a piece of Night of Navy CS and then punched two Mega Scalloped Square punches, pieced them together, slid some White Grosgrain through and layered beneath the Night of Navy.

Next I stamped Paisley on Brocade Blue in Night of Navy, punched the corners with my ticket corner punch and then attached the white ribbon and Simply Said image panel with Terrifically Tacky Tape and Night of Navy eyelets. Then I took my Plain Janes chipboard flower, inked it up with Burgundy embossing powder and heat embossed. Then I repeated this to get it good and saturated and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds on it while it was still hot.

I then stamped the Enjoy sentiment from Fancy Flexible Phrases on Whisper White in Night of Navy and punched with the 1/2" circle punch. Next I dotted around the circle with my Night of Navy marker and colored in with my Blender Pen. I then punched out a 3/4" circle of Paisley stamped Brocade Blue, layered below the Enjoy circle and pierced around the edges. Adhered to the chipboard flower with Terrifically Tacky Tape and then used the TTT to affix the flower to the card front. To finish off, I layered the whole card front on a piece of Bravo Burgundy and added some adhesive rhinestones from the Dollar Tree. Final accents on the flowers, the Enjoy and the scalloped squares were made with a paint brush and a mixture of Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds.


2 comments

Anonymous said...

I am more of a bold brights girl than rich regals, but I really enjoyed this color combo!! This is so lovely!! great job

the squirrellmiester

Jan Scholl said...

If you like the Plain Jane's-better buy them now while you can. The company that makes them Deluxe Designs is closing up. they are running a big sale at their site. Get them while you can.