Powered by Blogger.

Mojo Monday 538

Hi friends! It's a brand new month and it also happens to be Mojo Monday!


As always, you're free to play along with any papercrafting products your heart desires and enter as many creations as you like. Use the sketch as inspiration for your creation, then come link it up below so I can come take a look! The linky for this challenge will close on June 14, 2020. I have included dimensions on the graphic later in this post, but feel free to change them up to suit your needs.



Since it's the first day of the month, there's also a new Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps release.  There are SEVEN fantastic new sets in today's release.  I'll link them up below so you can take a peek! Today I chose to play with the new God Bless America set. Love these handlettered patriotic sentiments, and the flag is two pieces, so super easy to get those crisp red, white, and blue colors.



The  papers are from an old Authentique pad. I love Americana and had fun aging this a bit with antique linen and walnut stain inks.  I hand sketched a little frame on my sketch panels to give a little border without adding the bulk of extra layers.  For the flag post, I just free hand cut a post shape, then layered the flag behind it, adding a little wave to it, by rolling the flag up with a stylus first, then adding glue in strategic places to make it "wave". A few star die cuts and this card was finished.


Alrighty, now it's your turn! I hope you enjoy creating with this sketch! If you want a little extra sketch inspiration, be sure to check out the Stay Crafty With Hero Challenge #9. I had the honor of being asked to provide a sketch for it!

Stay Crafty with Hero  Challenge #9 - open through June 11

Can't wait to see what you create! Thanks so much for stopping by!


Please join me for Mojo Monday!
Click here to enter

If you shop through the affiliated links below I get a small percentage of the sale price at no cost to you! It's not a lot, but it does help pay the monthly fees for the linkup widget for Mojo Monday and other web and email services that help me keep Mojo Monday running smoothly! Thanks so much! 💙

7 comments

Cynthia said...

This is beautiful, Julee! Love the "aging" affect and the waving flag.

Nora Noll said...

I LOVE the aging effect that you did with these papers!! That flag is amazing!! Great card!!

Christine said...

Gorgeous card and such a timely prayer. Yes, God, please bless America!

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Dear Julee,
I have loved your sketches for many years. Just I have a question about your great sketches. Can I show the pictures of your sketches in a craft forum and point out your challenges? I would be grateful for an answer. Greetings Silvi

Purple Princess said...

Beautiful card!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Another fabulous sketch as always Julee. Love the aged vintage look on your patriotic card too!

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous card. Love your sketch. Thanks for this wonderful sketch challenge. I am so happy to have found it again. I rearranged the elements; using ribbon instead of the middle piece. I hope this works for the sketch. Have a great day and stay safe. Hugs, Gloria

https://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com