Powered by Blogger.

Guess Who?

In January I started my first round of DSS (Divine Secret Sisters) on Splitcoast Stampers. I had so much fun and really enjoyed spoiling my little sister, Shannan. I'm so glad I've gotten to know her, because this girl ROCKS! If you have a chance, be sure to check out her SCS gallery and show her a little love. This is the card I sent as part of her reveal gift. This was another PageMaps sketch I did while I was at Cindy's.
I started by stamping Cocktail Time from Inky Antics (thanks for letting me borrow all your stamps, Cindy!) on Pearlized White paper in Black Stazon. I then colored in with Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits. I doodled a frame around her and matted on Basic Black card stock. Next I stamped guess who using my Karen Foster Snap Stamps on a 1/2 circle punch out and asked Cindy to draw in the question mark for me! (One of the perks of stamping at My Inky Fingers headquarters! LOL). I then doodled around the edges and also matted on Basic Black.

Cindy had these really cool mini file folders from K & Company, but I couldn't find one that matched the paper I wanted to use so I traced one and cut it out and then matted on Basic Black. Next I glued the Cocktail Time panel on top of the file folder, so it is a mini card that opens up. This is where I wrote my name to reveal my identity! Super cool, huh? :) The patterned paper was from Cindy's stash and is from K & Company. The layered Primas are Forever Flowers, tacked down with a brad, and help keep the file folder shut. I used SU grosgrain ribbon and alternating mini and regular brads for a little accent across the middle. Finished off with some crystal Stickles on the martini glass and bubbles.
If you haven't had a chance yet, check out the card contest I'm running! I love what I'm seeing so far from you all! :)

7 comments

Anonymous said...

*Snort* Everytime I read "Inky Fingers Headquarters" I crack up! You are so cute! Love the card! The other good thing about you being here was I got to see all the cards FIRSTEST!!! *grin*

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Wonderful card! Love the layout, the martini girl. . .everything! The papers are wonderful!

QuiltNut Creations said...

great card. love the layout

Melissa said...

Hahaha! I love it!

VMS and ScrapbookingOasis said...

Great card. Love the colours

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Another gorgeous card, Jules!! That stamp is too funny and the sentiment too!! I love it!!

Linda Nicholson said...

Thud! That is the sound my jaw makes when it hits the floor! This is bombalicious! Love the file folder on the front held shut by the Prima.

Linda (LSN on SCS)