Powered by Blogger.

Sweet Holiday Wishes

Hi friends! The Not 2 Shabby quarterly release is available in the shop today! You can purchase all the new goodies in the Festive Christmas I Want it All Bundle to save a little, or most of the items are available to order individually. 


This release includes the Festive Christmas Paper Pad, Gingerbread Houses EphemeraChristmas Shops EphemeraVintage Christmas Charm Enamel Dots, and Mini Messages Stamp Set. Today I'm sharing a couple of projects with the sweet Gingerbread Houses Ephemera and the Mini Messages Stamp Set.



Do you ever have those days when you just have a color in mind and want to create with it? When I saw these houses my mind kept coming back to mint macaron and regal rose. I haven't used my Stampin' Up cardstock in a while because I have a rolling cart in front of the file cabinet it's stored in. But I pulled some out just for this crafty session and think I will find a way to get it back on a shelf I can reach for the future. There are so many good colors.

My card starts with the Gingerbread Houses ephemera as my focal point. I layered some of the candy canes and candy swirls on either side to create a scene and then added a bunch of accents with glossy glaze and a sprinkling of glitter. I just love the way this dresses up a piece of ephemera.


The background for the card, as well as for the tag I'm sharing next use the Striped Honeycomb Stencil. Here I used wheat ink on wheat cardstock, then added to a scallop rectangle mat from Sage Shadow.  The sentiment is from the new Mini Messages Stamp Set and cut with one of the dies from the EZ Wonder #1 Add Ons. These sentiments were intended to be used with your EZ Wonder Dies and I know this set will be WELL loved!

I finished with a chipboard snowflake from my stash, a couple of sparkling enamel dots on the candy swirls and some Doodlebug heart stickers on the sentiment banner.


Next up I created a tag with a gift card holder pocket on the back. I started by die cutting the tag shape and then stenciling with the Striped Honeycomb Stencil and roughing up the edges. I then took a little gander through my shabby chic supplies and found some leaves, a flower and some lace that I thought would go with the Gingerbread Houses Ephemera that I had chosen.  I collaged everything together, adding another Mini Messages sentiment on a banner.  A little gold ribbon at the top finishes things off.


I forgot to photograph the back side, but I did cut a gift card pocket from patterned paper and adhered to the back for gift giving.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I have lots more to share with these products, so be sure to check back soon.


No comments