Powered by Blogger.

January 2024 Not to Shabby Inspiration Hop


Hi friends! It sure has been a busy crafty week for me here on the blog. Today I'm super excited to be participating in my first Not 2 Shabby Inspiration Hop over on YouTube. I'm sharing a couple of cards, then I make a sweet little thank you treat box.

You can watch the video here, or on my YouTube channel, then follow the instructions to hop along and enter the giveaway.


All of the projects I'm sharing today feature the January "Be Magical" Box of the Month. This box has 3 stamp sets, 2 paper pads, and 2 coordinating ephemera packs. It's a great value. You can subscribe to secure one for yourself each month and save a little money with the subscription discount. Or if you just want to try it out, you can purchase as a one time purchase, for as long as that box is still available. 


First up, let's get to the cards. I started with the sweet little pixie image from the Glitter & Sparkle stamp set. I stamped her, then masked her off and stamped the mushroom image below her, so it looks like she's sitting on the mushroom. I then colored with Copic markers and fussy cut (there are coordinating dies for the Glitter & Sparkle set available separately from the box), then popped up on dimensionals.  I accented the image with a bit of sparkle using a Wink of Stella pen, then added some glittery accents to her hair using a Stardust glitter pen.

The sentiment from the same stamp set is embossed onto a circle die cut and matted with paper from the Pink Fairies paper pad in the box. I just love these fun bokeh glitter designs. Such a pretty pad! I used the paper for the background and vertical strip.  I stamped a few of the filler stars around the sentiment in pink and purple to match, then colored the star with Copics, then coated with Wink of Stella and filled in with a clear glaze pen for a glossy look.  I finished with a couple of butterflies from the Pink Fairies ephemera pack. I added a few Copic highlights to match a little better with my colored image. I love how well the Not 2 Shabby ephemera takes Copic markers.


The second card features the adorable princess from the Time to Dream stamp set. She is colored with Copics, then cut with my Scan 'n Cut machine, although there are coordinating dies for the Time to Dream set available separately from the box. I also stamped, colored, and cut the little heart flower image to stick in her hands.

The sentiment combines two stamps from the same stamp set and is stamped onto a tag die cut. I used a couple of patterns from the A Day to Remember paper pad, then matted each panel with cardstock and placed onto a background panel dry embossed with an old Cuttlebug Heart Blocks folder.  For a bit of sparkle, I coated the hearts with glossy accents, then sprinkled a bit of glitter on top while it was still wet.




Now it's time for the treat box. I originally saw this box created by In the Pink, Cathryn Designs a few years ago. I printed it out and just came across the instructions while I was working on reorganizing my stamp room. I though it would be a perfect design to make a little thank you treat box for one of the boys' friends. She loves pink, purple, fairies, and princesses, and I thought it would be perfect to use with the Pink Fairies Paper Pad. I followed her instructions, adding a 1.75" x 3.75" panel of patterned paper to give a little contrast. 

The thank you fairy much sentiment is from the Glitter & Sparkle set, and is embossed onto a die cut tag. I added one of the sweet little fairies from the Pink Fairies ephemera pack, then tied with a bow to finish things off.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed my projects. If you have some time, be sure to check out my dt friends' videos along the hop! Have a fantastically creative day!


2 comments

Teresa said...

Julee I so love your cards and watching you put together that little treat box on your video was fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful trio of cards Julee - and thank you so much for the video
Blessings
Maxine