Powered by Blogger.

Simply Lucky

Hi friends! I've had a busy week and until last night, hadn't stepped into my studio since last Saturday. Some weeks are like that. I love to get inky, but there are times when a book or a chance to play basketball with the boys on a sunny day wins out over stamping.


Anyhow, last night I decided to spend a little time stamping and was totally surprised when I got to my desk and saw that there was a card I had put together but hadn't glued down just sitting there waiting for me!  Always nice to start a stamping session with a little success, right? {grin}

When I created this one I was in a very rare clean and simple mood. The spring cleaning bug has started nipping at me and I wanted to make a card with lots of white and crisp green for the March Diva Inspirations challenge. Growing up my parents always used Ivory soap, but when we went to my grandma's she had Irish Spring soap and I remember how crisp and clean and nice smelling it was. I used to love washing my hands at grandma's! Anyhow, I tried to capture that crisp and clean Irish freshness with this card.

The sentiment from the Irish Coffee digi is printed on vellum.  I also printed the four leaf clover and cup from the digi on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. The cup is cut with the coordinating Happiness in a Cup Die Set.  For the layout I just grabbed a few scraps from the Emerald collection by Authentique and glued them together, then I used my sewing machine to zigzag stitch the vellum sentiment on. A plaid strip to ground things and a few scored lines at the top and bottom of the card base finish things off.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day weekend. The boys were pretty excited for the Irish dancers to come perform at their school this morning. And tomorrow we're going to an annual St. Patrick's day brunch with friend and there will be live bagpipe players. Pretty exciting!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Irish Coffee DIGITAL Set (Verve)
Paper: Emerald (Authentique), white, vellum
Ink: laser printer, copic markers
Accessories: Happiness in a Cup Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), sewing machine, scor-pal, Zazz glitter glue (American Crafts)

6 comments

JoAnn said...

Love your card. Great design.

Lyn said...

Oh Julee i love how you sewed the vellum to the paper. I so need to try this :) lovely card as always

Marisa said...

Love the vellum sentiment panel and that shamrock paper is so darn cute!! Fabulous colouring of the cut as well. Wonderful card!

Maureen said...

Your cards this month have been speaking to my heart, Julee ☘️💚 This one is no exception! Hope you had a fun brunch! My baby was home for my birthday so it’s been extra special here :)

Amber said...

This is so clean and classy - vellum is my fave!

Purple Princess said...

I love the cute mug!