Powered by Blogger.

I Like You a Latte

Hi friends! I've got another fun little coffee card today. It was so nice to spend part of a day stamping last Saturday. I can't even remember the last time I made four cards in one day, and it felt GREAT!  And it's even sweeter since now I have something to share with you this week!


Today's card uses the current SCS Sketch challenge. It looked like just that... a challenge...so I had to give it a go!  The images and sentiments are from the new All My Love DIGITAL Set. I printed the pdf version on my laser printer on cream cardstock, then colored with copic markers and fussy cut.

I wanted to give a bit of dimension to the cups, so I sort of curled them with my fingers then put a skinny strip of dimensional tape in the center and glued the other edges with liquid glue.  I cut out the sentiment with a die cut, then promptly misplaced the die.  I looked everywhere, but couldn't find it, so had to make the embossed heart circle backgrounds for the cups just slightly smaller.  I added smoky slate mats, sponged with hickory smoke distress ink to give it a bit of depth, then finished the detailing with some gun metal Nuvo drops on the scallops.

In relation to the sketch, I extended the flag portion to go under the bottom circle, since it felt a little more balanced that way and then added a die cut heart using the Heart Quartet Die.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to check out our 3 new digis and the love and kindness themed products that are all 30% off right now.




Enabler's List
Stamps: All My Love DIGITAL Set (Verve)
Paper: Be Mine (Echo Park), smoky slate (SU!), cream (neenah)
Ink: laser printer, copic markers, hickory smoke distress ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Heart Quartet Die (A Cut Above by VERVE), stitched circles dies (Cottage Cutz), scalloped circles nestabilities (Spellbinders), gun metal Nuvo drops (Tonic), heart embossing folder (Sizzix)

4 comments

Lucy E. said...

This is so pretty, Julee!
How wonderful that you had some
Of your day to craft :-)

Purple Princess said...

love the colors!!

JoAnn said...

Love your sweet card with all the details and pretty colors. The cups are so cute.

CherylQuilts said...

Always a great day to craft, and I love the rich colors and sweet take on the sketch, Julee!! Hugs!