Powered by Blogger.

Let Your Heart Be Light

Hi friends! Long time no post! Life has been very hectic around here with a prolonged sickness the past couple of months. Seems like one or all of us has been sick since September. Between official school days off and sick days for the boys, I think one or both boys has been home with me more than at school in the past 2 months. I'm happy to be able to stay with them, but it certainly does make running a business very difficult.

Since I've been playing nursemaid, I missed my holiday manufacturing deadlines.  So I've decided to do an all digital holiday release this year. Today there are 5 new DIGITAL sets in the shop, along with the re-release of a couple of our Christmas digis from the past.


Today I'm sharing a card made with the November Viva la Verve sketch and the Winter Peace DIGITAL Set. I tried to evoke the quiet stillness of a snowy day in the font choices and imagery, and am so excited for all the elegant cards to come with this set. I can't wait to foil that deer image!

Here's a photo of the printable PDF of the Winter Peace DIGITAL set. I printed it on white cardstock with my laser printer and colored the images with Copics, adding a bit of Nuvo glitter drops to the flower centers before cutting out.  The larger flower fits the die in our Autumn Thanks Die Set.

For my card, I've hand trimmed the smaller flower. I'm totally obsessed with my Minc machine, now that I've finally plugged it in, so just had to foil the let your heart be light sentiment in silver to add a little elegance to this modern card. The foiling is so hard to photograph, but is such an easy way to class up a card!

I layered a couple different papers then added some grosgrain ribbon to replace the wide horizontal strip in the sketch.


So as I mentioned, there are a BUNCH of new digis in the shop today. And all of our digis are on sale through the end of the month. So shop, print and craft away!


Enabler's List
Stamps: Winter Peace DIGITAL Set (Verve)
Paper: Holly Jolly (Bella Blvd), Bundle of Joy (Echo Park), white
Ink: laser printer, Copic markers
Accessories: Nuvo glitter drops (Tonic), stitched rectangle die (Cottage Cutz), grosgrain ribbon (SU!), polka dot embossing folder (QuicKutz), Minc machine, Silver reactive foil (Heidi Swapp)

Other Links
November Viva la Verve Sketch
Autumn Thanks Die Set

5 comments

Lucy E. said...

Such a pretty card!
I love al of the new digi sets!
I hope you all get better soon!
I’ve been battling a sinus infection for 2 weeks.
Mine is mostly from allergies. We need to get our
air ducts cleaned out. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julee, I LOVE your card and am so excited about the new digis (got them already). But I am so sorry that you and the boys have been sick. Makes me so sad. I saw a couple of photos on FB with one of the twins as he was learning about secondary colors. I'll be praying for you that you all get and stay healthy again. So sorry you missed the holiday deadline, but this is a great fix...and I love that the larger flower fits the die for the die set I have. How cool! Warm hugs and love...and praying! xoxo

Karen Day said...

Lovely new holiday sets, Julee! And thanks for the nudge - I need to pull out my Minc machine, too! Hope you & your family stay healthy for the holidays :o)

Maureen said...

so pretty! I just love pink Christmas cards! ox

Purple Princess said...

So very pretty!!