Powered by Blogger.

Cottage Charm Release and a VIDEO


Hi friends! There's a gorgeous new quarterly release in the Not 2 Shabby Shop today. All of the products released today are available for individual purchase on the website, or if you've got to have it all there's a Cottage Charm Release Bundle.


My love for cherry blossoms is strong, so I was super excited to see a Cherry Blossom Background stamp in the release. I couldn't wait to bust out some distress inks, white embossing powder, and get my fingers inky!  I uploaded a new video today sharing the new release and how I made today's card. You can watch it below or on YouTube.



I started the card with a light smooshing of spun sugar and kitsch flamingo distress inks onto distress watecolor paper. Next I embossed the new Cherry Blossom Background in white onto the panel.  I then proceeded to loosely watercolor the background with kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry, and bundled sage inks.


This panel is cut down to a rectangle size and then matted with a scallop rectangle die.  The ephemera I chose is from the Beautiful Blooms Ephemera and I did some light watercoloring with kitsch flamingo and picked raspberry distress inks to tie the pinks in with the background.

I smooshed some more kitsch flamingo onto distress watercolor paper, then embossed the sentiment from the Cup of Tea set in white.  I matted this with a white scalloped circle, then accented with a few of the Cherry Blossom Cottage Charm Sparkle Enamel Dots.

For a little interest, I pulled in a plaid patterned paper from the previously released It's Apple Season Paper Pad, cutting with a curved border die and matting with scallops.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. If you're looking for more inspiration with the new release try searching #n2scottagecharm on Instagram and YouTube. Have a great day!

No comments