Powered by Blogger.

My Belle


Hi friends! Welcome to a brand new year! The boys go back to school on Monday, so we've been just chilling out the past couple weeks and now it's time to start getting back into the swing of things! Have you seen the new January release at Not 2 Shabby yet?  It's so dreamy! I'm super excited to be designing for them monthly this year! This month I'll be featuring the January Box of the Month, which includes three 4 x 6 stamp sets, two 6 x 6 paper pads, and two coordinating ephemera packs..



My favorite Disney character is Belle from Beauty and the Beast, so the Beauty stamp set in the Box of the Month definitely gave me those yellow dress vibes! I colored her up with a mix of Copic markers for the hair and skin, and Ohuhu markers for the dress.  I then used some gold glimmer metallic ink to paint some highlights on her hair and dress.


I went with a simple layout because I love this fabulous bokeh paper from the Pink Fairies collection in the box of the month. I pulled in a strip of yellow gingham from the Spring Gingham Paper Pad to add a little interest and break up the background.  The sentiment is stamped in Blue Beyond ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I matted my panels with Blue Beyond cardstock, then popped up my sweet Belle on dimensional foam, then scattered a few sparkle enamel dots to finish things off.

Alcohol Markers Used:
Hair: E18, E15, YR23, Y21
Skin: E000, E00, E01, R20
Dress: Ohuhu Y030 Y3, Y6

Card Measurements:
Main panel: 3 3/4" x 5", Mat 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
Strip: 1" x 4", Mat 1 1/8" x 4 1/8"
Finished Folded Card" 4 x 5 1/4"

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulous start to your weekend. I'll see you back on Sunday, for a new monthly challenge at Jaded Blossom.
 

2 comments

Purple Princess said...

Love this so much

Teresa Russell said...

Julee love your sweet card! Thanks so much for such a great explanation of how you created your card.