Powered by Blogger.

Come to Fairyland


Hi friends! Welcome to fairyland! Today I'm sharing a magical little card I created with the Not 2 Shabby January Box of the Month. This month there was a special promo where existing subscribers and earlybird subscribers received this fun Flutter By Stencil as a gift with their orders. So I thought I'd share a little inspiration for those of you who may have this in your stencil arsenal now.

I started with the background, ink blending with villainous potion, shaded lilac, and speckled egg distress inks, until I achieved the blend I was looking for. I sprinkled with water, then splattered on some villainous potion reinker and white bleed-proof ink for a little firefly effect. Next I pulled out some pink embellishment mousse and stenciled the butterflies over the top of my blended background.




I found a cloud border die in my stash, and used that for a little cloud panel, sponging around the edges with shaded lilac ink for a dreamy look.  I added the sentiment from Glitter & Sparkle on the cloud, then embellished with a few sparkle enamel dots.

To finish things off, I made a little scene with some pieces from  The Pink Fairies ephemera pack. And because you can never have enough sparkle, I added a bunch of glitter and sparkle accents with glaze pens and glitter glue.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fairy nice day!

2 comments

Purple Princess said...

so very sweet!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Julee - this is gorgeous - love the background you created, and the sweet scene you have created over it
Blessings
Maxine