Powered by Blogger.

Gingerbread House Shaker



Hi friends! It's the first Sunday of a new month and that means it's time to reveal a new challenge on the Jaded Blossom blog. This month the challenge is to add a touch of gold. I hope you can play along!

November Challenge:
TOUCH OF GOLD
(must use at least one Jaded Blossom Product)


When the Build a Booth Gingerbread House Add Ons released, I really wanted to make a pastel version. I remember Christmases past at my grandmother's with pastel pinks, greens, and golds. So when I saw this month's challenge, I decided it was a sign to create a pastel version. I cut my pieces from white cardstock and gold matte cardstock, then sponged a light pink ink on the pink pieces. I pulled out my hot foil machine and added some gold foil to the roof and chimney pieces. It isn't super noticeable, but it does add a little shine and helps to accentuate the scored details.


As I was building my booth, I decided it would make a fun shaker card, so added some acetate behind the opening and built my shaker with a bit of patterned paper and some Prima patterned paper. I then added some Christmas lights from the Build a Booth: Christmas Add Ons set to deck out the roofline. I liked my finished house so much, I wanted it to be the center of attention, so decided to make it a shaped card.  I trimmed off the excess of the booth so just the roof line of the house showed, then created a folded card the size of the back of the booth to finish things off.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulous day!