Powered by Blogger.

Summer Baby


Hi friends! Happy Friday! I’m popping in today with another card I made for the April Picket Fence Studios release. These girls in the Summer Beach Friends Dear set are just so adorable. I decided to make an invite for a beach party for some friends we often vacation with in the summer. They have two adorable girls, so the card fits perfectly.



I started by coloring that fabulous beach blanket, then the girls with Copic markers and a white gel pen for accent. I then painted over the images with a light coating of Paper Glitz Sparkle. They positively shine! The coordinating Summer Beach Friends Dear Dies made it so easy to pull the scene together. For the background, I used the retired Geometric Squares Stencil tone on tone for a subtle texture.  I wanted to play on the beach ball idea, so decided to make a couple sentiment circles embossed in white, then offset with some vellum circles for a bouncy vibe. I finished with the it’s summer baby sentiment and a few scattered sequins.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you have a fabulous start to your weekend! I'll be back tomorrow with the NEW Not 2 Shabby quarterly release!

3 comments

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So adorable and fun with a lovely colour mix.

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning scene you have created here Julee - love the subtle background and the 'bouncy' sentiment circles - great detailing
Blessings
Maxine

Purple Princess said...

so fun and cute