Powered by Blogger.

Christmas in July



Howdy friends! It's been a hot minute since I've posted. All is well, I've just been preparing for vacation, going on vacation, then recovering from vacation! LOL  For the very first time ever I didn't pack any art supplies while I was away. I regretted that decision once I got there, even trying to find a little watercolor palette or colored pencils at one of the gift shops, but never did find anything. I still managed to find ways to pass the down time watching art videos on YouTube, so it was all good.

I came back refreshed and really wanting to create, so I printed out a few of the Splitcoaststampers Dare to Get Dirty challenges to get started. This card uses Lydia's challenge to use a faux batik technique and since Christmas in July (today) is my birthday, I decided to make a Christmas card. I'm also entering in the July "Anything Goes" challenge at Jaded Blossom.




I pulled out the Fair Isle Stencil from Jaded Blossom, then rubbed the paper with a white crayon and blended wintergreen and deck the halls inks for the background. I then splattered a bit of water and some white no-bleed paint for a snowy look. I love how this technique retains some of the details, but can really bring a subtle effect to a busy pattern.  The cute little gnomie is colored with Copics and popped up on dimensionals. I used a couple of stitched circles  for a backdrop and masked off one of the snowflakes on the Fair Isle stencil to add some snowflake accents.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back soon with some more makes to share with you.

-Julee

6 comments

Nancy Thomas said...

Cute card Julee. Happy Birthday.

Marilyn said...

Adorable!
Have a great day!
Marilyn ❤️

Larelyn said...

Wow! That background technique is amazing and your card is wonderful. Thanks for sharing all the crafty details and for joining our Jaded Blossom July challenge.

Rosie said...

Amazing card! I love your style so much! Thank you for entering our monthly challenge at Jaded Blossom! Hugs, Rosie

snappy scrappy said...

This is adorable!!! Love it! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Jaded Blossom! Hugs Lee-Ann

teachdanz said...

Such a neat background you have created!! Thanks so much for joining in this month's Jaded Blossom challenge!!