Powered by Blogger.

Keeping Christmas in July

It's the 25th of the month and time again to join some of my crafty friends for our monthly Keeping Christmas Inspiration Hop! The idea of the hop is to both to bring you a little dose of holiday inspiration throughout the year and also have some Christmas cards and projects in our stash all ready to go for December 2018. If you've already been hopping along, you should have arrived from Claire's blog. If you're just popping in, read on for all the details!


I was super excited to see the release of the Santa Baby collection from Prima and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. This card is a quick and easy vintage card with no stamping whatsoever. I cut one of the 6 x 6 papers down for the Santa card, glued it down to chipboard to thicken it up and then sponged with antique linen and walnut stain distress inks.  The Christmas sentiment is cut from a piece of the Santa Baby ephemera and added with dimensionals.



I used two different papers from the collection for the layout, overlapping them and distressing with the same colored inks.  I finished off with some super sparkly holly leaves and glued everything to a cream cardstock base.

Okay, now it's time to hop along and check out all the other fabulous posts on the hop. I'm so excited to hop along and see everyone's creations! The hop is hosted on the fabulous Kelly Lunceford's blog, so head over there to start from the beginning. Or continue on to visit Kim Heggins if you've already been hopping along!


Lesley Croghan (taking a break)
Julee Tilman {You are here}
Vicki Finger (taking a break)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Enabler's List
Paper: Santa Baby 6 x 6 Collection, Santa Baby ephemera (Prima)
Ink: antique linen, tea dye, walnut stain (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Touch of Rose Flower Embellishments (Prima), mini blending tool (Ranger), corner chomper (WRMK), adhesive (Scrapbook.com)

10 comments

Purple Princess said...

I love the vintage look of this!!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty vintage style card - even with no stamping. :)
Have a wonderful day Julee.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Lovely as ever! I love this sweet design!❤❤❤

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card...love your sweet Santa!

Claire Broadwater said...

This is stunning! WOW! Love the gorgeous vintage papers and those sparkly leaves! Did you make them? Just beautiful, Julee!

Christine said...

Such gorgeous paper, and I love the way you created the sentiment using that sweet vintage Santa. Also noticed the little bird among the sparkly leaves. I love it when papers "help out" that way!

Greta said...

Beautiful vintage card, Julee!

Nance said...

Beautiful, Julee! I can see why you couldn't wait to get that paper. Gorgeous! There are some really wonderful Christmas patterned paper out there. I love using it and yet I forget I have it.

Broni said...

This is so elegant and beautiful, Julee!

Christi Flores said...

Those leaves are gorgeous!! Beautiful as always!