Powered by Blogger.

Flowers of Tomorrow Gift Set


Happy Thursday! Today, I have a special project to show you. I didn't realize until I was editing the photos that my project actually uses one of the new Plain Jane individual stamps that will be releasing on March 8. I hadn't meant to do a sneak peek today, but since I already uploaded it as one of my Digichick hybrid projects for the month, I thought I'd share it here.


Kelleigh R. has a new Gable Box Template Set that just released, so I just had to download it and test it out. {And if you're into digi or hybrid, there's
all sorts of fun new stuff that released today at The Digichick, so be sure to check it out!} I printed out the template using some digi papers from the Strawberry Au Lait Collection by Sugarplum Paperie, making sure to print a few extras of coordinating colors, so I could make a matching gift card. I knew right away that I wanted to do a little window in the front of the gable box, so after cutting out the box and scoring my lines, I very carefully folded it so that I could cut a window with my Nestabilities Labels without cutting through the rest of the box. After I finished that, I cut a smaller label from a piece of chocolate chip and layered it behind the window, for an inner border. Next I stamped the sentiment in Timber Brown Stazon on acetate and adhered behind the chocolate chip border.


For a little stamping decoration, I added one of the silhouettes from Abundant Blessings all around the bottom in Soft Sky ink, then lightly sponged the edges with Old Paper distress ink. For embellishment I added some chocolate poly twill ribbon around the box and then layered several different prima flowers and velvet leaves {Hey Lynda, can you believe how many primas I used today???}, topping off the center with a Button Latte chocolate button. For the final touch to the box, I applied some chocolate pearls {thanks Jackie!} to the top of the box.

Once I finished, I did the fun part, separating all the blue peanut M & M's and Reese's Pieces eggs from the other colors. More than a few made it into my mouth, so they wouldn't melt in my hand! LOL Next I started in on the card. I wanted to use the same elements, so I stamped the flowers of tomorrow sentiment on the Strawberry Au Lait paper in Chocolate Chip Craft ink and embossed with clear EP. Next I stamped the silhouettes on either side of the label. I made a smaller label mask with eclipse tape by running it through with the Labels die and then masked off the sentiment and stamped over the top with the retired SU! French Script background in Soft Sky. I finished the panel with some spongin in Old Paper Distress ink, then matted with chocolate chip. Next I took the tan damask paper from the Strawberry Au Lait collection and ran it through the cuttlebug with the folder with the grass and bird (I can never remember it's name!) I didn't really want the bird, I just wanted texture, so I covered the bird up with the panel, distressed the outer edges with a paper distresser and some ink, then finished off with some more primas and a chocolate button.

19 comments

Riet said...

woww Julee,what a beautiful creations.

hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

That's lovely..beautiful flower!

Cheryl said...

I really love that colour combo,more fabulous creations from you!!!

Shannan Teubner said...

DUDE! This is gorgeous! Love that gable box...

Tricia T said...

These are gorgeous and the colors are just beautiful!!! Can't wait to see more sneak peeks!!

Anonymous said...

{jumping up and down} I love accidental sneaks!!! can't wait for more :)

sukes7 said...

What absolutely gorgeous projects I love the colour palette you have used too.

Anonymous said...

Such stunning creations Julee!! Really love the flowers! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Wow, thats very creative of you to come out with that kind of decorations. Beautiful flowers!

Basement Stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful, love the flowers!

Michelle Woerner said...

Woohoo -a surprise sneak peek! Too funny! And I LOVE the colors on these, just beautiful. Love all the flowers -everything is perfect! Hugs,

Jackie Pedro said...

This is fantastic!! Love the sneak peek!! Didn't you know that M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands????

Unknown said...

Both are just beautiful, Julee! LOVE the new Plain Jane!

Betty J Schaub said...

Hi Julee! Stunning this is!
If you get a chance come on over to my blog, I have a little sump'in, sump'in for you.

Huggies,
Betty aka ZacksNana

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors and all of the fun details! Such a great project! And...it involved chocolate! What could be better! LOL

Kerri said...

Love the gable box, Julee! Thanks for the sneek peak : ) Now I'm craving chocolate...

Lynda Benden said...

LOL!!! I am VERY impressed at your Prima usage!!! You are probably almost out of Prima's now huh?!?!? LOL!!! Both the card and gable box are awesome Julee!!! I CAN'T wait to see the rest of your new release!!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous duo - Julee!!! The colors are divine!!!

Stephanie Hargis said...

Well, I am certainly glad to see a sneak peek! :D I LOVE that sentiment too! Your creations are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing them!