Powered by Blogger.

Three Cheers

Hi friends! Three cheers for a new card.  Last Friday, I uploaded a few new and new-ish digital sets to the shop.  A couple that had been on my calendar to reintroduce/redesign, and one that partially came from a set I had designed to release in stamp form, before plans changed.


That set is the  Land of Liberty DIGITAL Set, which I used today. I pulled out some patriotic papers and started layering until I had a layout I liked.  Then I added the cup, which I colored with Arteza real brush markers. I forgot to pint on smooth bristol, so the blending with the markers was terrible.  But I was snuggled up on the couch with a sick boy while coloring, so didn't bother to reprint.  I did eventually pull out some copic markers to help even out the coloring a bit and it turned out okay in the end. The sentiment is also from Land of Liberty and I cut it out with the Rounded Rectangle Die. I finished with a border cut with the Lacey Trim Duo Die Set and a couple rhinestone stars to accent the mug.


Thanks so much for stopping by today. The sickness Kellan caught seems to be taking over the family one person at a time. :(  The boys graduate Kindergarten one week from today, and I'm thinking there might not be much school for them between now and then!

If you haven't already, click on over to Verve and check out our final new digital sets.


Enabler's List
Stamps: Land of Liberty DIGITAL Set (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Yankee Doodles (WRMK), white
Ink: laser printer, real brush markers (Arteza), wink of stella glitter pen (Zig), Copic makers)
Accessories: Rounded Rectangle Die, Lacey Trim Duo Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), rhinestone stars

3 comments

Purple Princess said...

Super fun card!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julee, you are so creative, and I love this wonderful patriotic card! I so love celebrating our nation's birth, and this is a beautiful card with wonderful DP and layout! I love it, sweet friend! I'm so sorry that the sickness is spreading, and I am sure that the boys have far outpaced what they would learn for the rest of the year. Take care, get some rest, and feel better! Love and hugs! xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a pain it is when bugs hit like that - praying for a quick recovery for you all.
Love your card
Blessings
Maxine