Powered by Blogger.

Wonderful Keeping Christmas

It's the 25th of the month and time again to join some of my crafty friends for our monthly Keeping Christmas Inspiration Hop! The idea of the hop is to both to bring you a little dose of holiday inspiration throughout the year and also have some Christmas cards and projects in our stash all ready to go for December 2018. If you've already been hopping along, you should have arrived from Claire's blog. If you're just popping in, read on for all the details!




For my May installment, I played paper roulette and closed my eyes and blindly pulled out a pad of paper from one of my Christmas bins. It happened to be a lovely collection by Teresa Collins. The vintage images and feel to the papers was enough to get the creative juices flowing.

I have amassed a huge collection of blank tags and have recently been trying to challenge myself to use them, so pulled out a chipboard tag to start off. I liked the wonderful time sentiment (except the grammar error where the apostrophe is missing) from one of the collage papers, so cut the little collage pieces apart and then layered them on the tag, inking all the edges with old paper and walnut stain distress inks to pull together the vintage feel.


For stamping, I pulled out the Glad Tidings set and the coordinating Snowflake Tidings die set. Not only are Christmas sets 25% off today at Verve, our current sale is buy a stamp set and get the coordinating die for 75% off so this is a great time to pick up this combo if you want it! Anyhow, I embossed the snowflake in white on patterned paper, then die cut and sponged with the same inks as before.  One snowflake is popped up on dimensionals with a fancy brad as it's centerpiece and the other is tucked behind the tag near the sentiment.

I added some wrinkled seam binding, then layered all my papers and attached to a kraft card base.


Okay, now it's time to hop along and check out all the other fabulous posts on the hop. I'm so excited to hop along and see everyone's creations! The hop is hosted on the fabulous Kelly Lunceford's blog, so head over there to start from the beginning. Or continue on to visit Kim Heggins if you've already been hopping along!


Lesley Croghan (taking a break)
Anita Madden (taking a break)
Julee Tilman {You are here}
Nina Forsyth taking a break)
Vicki Finger (taking a break)

Thanks so much for stopping by!


Enabler's List
Stamps: Glad Tidings (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Santa's List (Teresa Collins), kraft, chipboard tag
Ink: versamark, old paper, walnut stain distress ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Snowflake Tidings die set (A Cut Above by VERVE), white embossing powder, crop-adile, fancy brad, seam binding

4 comments

Kelly Lunceford said...

Stunning! So many amazing details! I love it!!!

Kim Heggins said...

This has to be one of the sweetest Santa cards ever made!!! Just love the colors and all your wonderful little details.

Claire Broadwater said...

I just LOVE this vintage beauty! From the Santa to the big bow! SMILE! I would put this out every year to display! XX

Purple Princess said...

Love this card so much!!