Powered by Blogger.

Shabby Calling

Hi friends! Today I'm sharing a fun little shabby collage card I made with the Amelia Rose collection from Prima and a sentiment from the new Irish Coffee digi.


As I was flipping through the Amelia Rose 3x4 pad, this journaling card just spoke to my soul. It reads...

"The things you are passionate about are not random, they are your calling." -fabienne fredrickson 

How true. I felt it would be a perfect little start to a new adventure kind of card.  I distressed it a bit with distress inks and gesso, then added the good luck sentiment from the Irish Coffee set. It is printed on vellum and embossed with pink foil, then cut with a circle die and I tucked a cream colored circle below it to help it stand out.  I added the fearless ticket from the amelia rose collection, then fussy cut a couple of flower images from the 6x6 paper pad. Since I didn't want to cut off any part of the journaling card, I decide to go with a 5.5" square card base to give things a little room to breathe. The dream sticker is from the sticker collection and I tucked in a couple butterflies and some flowers, adding accents with black tulip color bloom spray and a watercolor brush where needed.  The background is from the 6x6 pad, splattered with white india ink and I added a bit of cheesecloth behind the collage for some interest.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fearlessly passionate kind of day.

Enabler's List
Stamps: Irish Coffee DIGITAL Set (Verve)
Paper: Amelia Rose 6x6 paper pad and 3x4 journaling cards (Prima), cream (Neenah), vellum
Ink: pumice stone, hickory smoke, spun sugar distress (Ranger), white india ink (Dr. Ph. Martin's), black tulip color bloom spray (Prima)
Accessories: Amelia rose paper tickets, Amelia Rose ephemera, Amelia Rose word & quote stickers, Briella Cherry blossom flowers, Rose Quartz butterflies, Damianne Love Story flowers (Prima), cheesecloth, pink foil, Minc Machine (Heidi Swapp), tiny attacher (Tim Holtz), gesso, paint


4 comments

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous. You do shabby so well. Love all the different elements. The cheesecloth looks perfect on it.

Whimsey said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!

Christi Flores said...

Wow!!! This is insanely gorgeous!! I love all the little details that you put into your cards. Inspiring! I also love that quote :)

Purple Princess said...

Just gorgeous!!