Powered by Blogger.

How Sweet the Sound

Hi friends! I'm here today with another card using the just released Risen Savior stamp set. I've had visions of shabby chic cards in my head ever since I stocked up on all the new Prima papers earlier this year. And the egg garland  in Risen Savior was just asking for a shabby treatment when I sat down to stamp yesterday.


I stamped the egg garland image in coffee archival ink, then colored with Copic markers and fussy cut. Next I went over the speckles with a glue pen and heat embossed with some midnight bronze embossing powder. I absolutely love this color of embossing powder, and since it's got a bit of mica in it, it leaves a shimmery dusting wherever it's sprinkled, which looks fabulous on these eggs.


The sentiment from the Risen Savior set is embossed on vellum, then cut with a stitched rectangle die. I glued this to a piece of patterned paper, then added some distressing all around the edges.  I fussy cut one of the winged creatures from the background paper, adding a few Copic highlights to tie in the pinks of the card, then finished off with a bit of lace.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have an amazing day.

Enabler's List
Stamps: Risen Savior (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Cherrry Blossom (Prima), vellum, cream
Ink: antique linen, pumice stone distress, coffee archival (Ranger), Versamark, Copic markers
Accessories: stitched rectangle dies, vintage lace, midnight bronze embossing powder (Lindy's), paper distresser

5 comments

Marlena M. said...

Julee this is GORGEOUS! Love the butterfly backdrop and popped up one too. Wonderful embellishments and design~

JoAnn said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the papers and how you did the speckled egg border, so pretty. Love, love, love the sentiment. That is one of my favorite hymns.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julee! This is so beautiful, and I love the portion from one of my favorite hymns, "Amazing Grace." Praise God! I love this DP and love how you've added the sweet speckled eggs. Beautifully finished with the lace! Hugs!

Purple Princess said...

Just so beautiful!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Julee. Love the sweet butterflies and the lace... those speckled eggs look so cute!