Powered by Blogger.

Viva la Pumpkin

Hi friends! Happy Friday! I'm popping in today with another card I made with the October Viva la Verve sketch. Our challenge is up for the whole month, so there's still about 2 weeks left to play along. I've loved all the entries so far, and can't wait to see what you create with the sketch.


If you've been following my blog, it's no surprise that I reached for the Amber Moon collection again. This paper collection just soothes my autumn loving soul. I even turned the video camera on, so if you want to watch a very unpolished video of me rambling about how I made this card, look for the link to my YouTube video at the bottom of the post. I finally figured out how to do some basic editing and a voice over (which saved you from listening to a hacking, sniffling, sneezing version of me), so yay me! Pardon the super soft volume, I really need to get a better microphone.

If you'd rather just read about it, I stamped the pumpkin and hello pumpkin stamps from Autumn Leaves on the back of an Amber Moon 3 x 4 journaling card, then colored and cut out with dies.  I added some sponging with antique linen and frayed burlap ink to these pieces, as well as to the other portions of paper I had selected.  The stripey paper, the pumpkins and the leaves (which had already been stamped previously) were cut with the stitched rectangle from the Falling Leaves Die Set.  I tied a taffeta bow  to finish off the sketch, then came back later and added the flower and golden leaf.  Then came back one more time and added the little metal leaves underneath.  I just always have to keep on adding!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Let me know if you like the video.

Enabler's List
Stamps: Autumn Leaves (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Amber Moon 6 x 6 paper and 3 x 4 journaling cards (Prima), early espresso (SU!), cream (bazzill)
Ink: antique linen and frayed burlap distress, coffee archival (Ranger), warm sunshine, crimson and espresso (Altenew), copic markers
Accessories: Falling Leaves Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), pierced squares stax (MFT), amber moon flowers (Prima), ribbon (SU!), metal leaves (The Funkie Junkie), MISTI (My Sweet Petunia)

Other Links


View my card tutorial on YouTube
Viva la Verve October Sketch Recap

4 comments

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous card! Love all the layers, these pumpkins and the pretty striped flower!

Sari said...

Such a great card, great to see a flower on a fall themed card, its perfect. I've got to get to that sketch!

Vickie Z said...

Totally fun card... Is that your voice? Sorry, not what I I imagined, not trying to be weird! Great video!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Yep, totally my voice. I always think its funny when I watch a video from someone who talks so much differently than I imagined! :)