Powered by Blogger.

Always Coffee

Hi friends! I'm popping in with a quick little card I made with the sketch at The Challenge this week. I loved the sweet clean lines of it and thought it would pair perfectly with the new Always Time set.

This sentiment is one of my favorites. No matter what's going on in my life, one of the only things I always make time for is coffee. It might be coffee that's warmed up in the microwave three times over and then finished cold because I got distracted yet again, but there's always time for coffee!{grin}


I started by stamping the there is always time for sentiment and the cup and steam in Versafine onyx black, then coloring with copic markers. I embossed the little cup liner in white for a foamy look to the coffee, then added a yellow mat to this panel.  I lined the bottom of the yellow with a Flourished Trim die cut, then cut out the Coffee Word Die in aqua (I just colored white card stock with copics to get an exact match) and black. My idea was to use the two descenders in the coffee word in place of the little tags in the sketch. Hope that's not too much of a stretch! {grin}

I layered the two die cuts for a bit of shadow, then coated with Nuvo crystal drops for some shimmer. The paper is from a Valentine's paper pack I recently picked up on the cheap at Tuesday Morning. Don't you just love that little chalkboard accent background?


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulous weekend. I'm looking forward to it. The boys are going over to Nana and Papa's for a sleepover and Mark and I get to go to a real honest to goodness no kids allowed birthday party!  Hooray!


Enabler's List
Stamps: Always Time (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Valentine (American Crafts), barely banana, basic black (SU!), white (Neenah)
Ink: onyx black (Versafine), versamark (Tsukineko), markers (Copic)
Accessories: Coffee Word Die, Flourished Trim Die (A Cut Above by VERVE), Nuvo Crystal Drops (Tonic)

11 comments

SewPaperPaint said...

I really love this one Julee! Great new release. Hugs, Autumn

Christine said...

This is so pretty, Julee! I love the aqua and the touch of yellow, and it was so clever to use the descenders of the letters in place of the banners! Have fun at the party. I intend to play with my new Verve that came in this afternoon's mail. :)

Jennifer M. said...

This card is too cute and speaks to my coffee loving heart. I love how creative and simple it is.

JoAnn said...

Love your card and the color combo, especially the background.
Enjoy your weekend and have fun at the birthday party. Hugs,
JoAnn

Kelly Lunceford said...

Absolutely fabulous! Love it!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...love your sweet cup of coffee. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Challenge.

Purple Princess said...

so pretty!!

Nance said...

Julee, I love everything about this card, it's so beautiful! So glad you played with us at The Challenge this week!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous papers and colours choices. Julee! Love the way you added the coffee die cut!

Marlena M. said...

Love your crisp lines and beautiful colors Julee!

Vickie Z said...

Love it! Went away to a family reunion last WE and had to drink way beyond my limit... hotel coffee is not as strong as my house :-)