Powered by Blogger.

Life is But a Dream

Hi friends! I'm popping in today with a quick card I made the other day.  Thanks to Lydia, I recently got a palette of Daniel Smith watercolors. After initially swatching them out, I felt compelled to rearrange them in rainbow order and re-swatch.  As I was doing this, I couldn't bear to waste any of the beautiful color, so cleaned my brush on a piece of watercolor paper in between each color.  I loved the way my clean-up page turned out, so decided to use it as is for the background for my card.


The butterflies are from the Butterfly Grace set, and I embossed them in white onto sections of the purples and blues from my clean-up paper, then cut out with the coordinating Graceful Butterflies Die Set.  I accented each butterfly with a bit more of the purple and teal watercolors, then added a simple, yet fitting sentiment from the Learning to Sail stamp set.  Easy peasy!


Well, that's all from me today.  I've been playing a lot with my new watercolors and also a bit of experimenting with my gelli plate this week, but they haven't made it onto any projects yet.  How about you, what have you been working on?

Enabler's List
Stamps: Butterfly Grace, Learning to Sail (Verve Stamps)
Paper: kids watercolor paper (Michaels)
Ink: watercolors (Daniel Smith), Versamark, onxy black (Versafine)
Accessories: Graceful Butterflies Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), white detail embossing powder (Judikins), paper distresser

1 comment