Happy Halloween

Hi friends! Hope you're having a great week. I've had a couple of days in a row where everything that can go wrong does go wrong. And I think my stormy mood took over this card just a bit!  I've said before that although I've never been much of a Halloween fan, crafting for this holiday is starting to grow on me.  And a spooky goth dressform floating in the air seemed like the perfect start to a Halloween card.


I embossed the gown image from Everything Nice in gold on crumb cake cardstock, then cut with the coordinating Gown Die.  I colored in the stripes for a ghostly effect with a white stabilo pencil and added a bit of grunge around the edges with a black pencil.

The background started with some Tim Holtz designer paper, then I used a web layering stencil over it with black soot and dry brushed inka gold randomly over the whole thing, adding a bit of tissue tape and some more black ink for a little texture.  The sentiment is embossed in gold onto a frame image I fussy cut from a My Mind's Eye paper pad.  I brushed a little inkagold on it and cut a rose from some black lace for the corner (also brushed with inkagold).


I used the same lace trim below my floating dressform, adding a bit of cheesecloth behind the frame. I thought it was finished at this point and took photos, but then decided the dress got lost a bit in the background, so added half a gold spider web doily behind the dress to make it pop a bit more. Still not sure which way I like best.  LOL  Either way, lots of distressing on the edges and a few teeny rhinestones at the waistline finish things off.


Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you have a fabulous, everything goes the way you hoped kind of day!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Everything Nice (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Lost and Found Halloween (My Mind's Eye) Materialize Tim Holtz paper pad (Advantus), black, crumb cake, cream
Ink: versamark, black soot distress (Ranger), Inkagold
Accessories: Gown Die (A Cut Above by VERVE), Tim Holtz tissue tape (Advantus), lace trim, rhinestones, gold spiderweb doily (Recollections), cheesecloth

No comments

Thanks so much for taking the time to brighten my day with a comment! I love hearing from you.

Back to Top