Powered by Blogger.

Bare Bones Birthday

Click here for my Diva Inspirations Blog Hop post.

Well, February is going strong and that means it's time for a new month of sketches over on the Viva la Verve sketches blog.  The Verve Divas post a new sketch every Friday and you have the entire month to link up.  At the end of the month we draw a name from all the participants to win a $100 shopping spree to the Verve online store!  Sound like fun?

This week's sketch is a clean one that allows for dressing up or dressing down to fit your style and mood.  I needed a masculine card, so went with a bare bones approach to the sketch. {grin}



The papers are all from the Cowboy My Mind's Eye pad and I distressed them a bit by sponging old paper and fraye4d burlap ink on all the edges.  The sentiment is from the Small Packages set, stamped in early espresso.  Then I die cut some starts with the Starry Die in both the stripey paper and some early espresso card stock.  I layered them together (the largest star is matted with an SU! star punch) and scattered them around for a little fun 

That's all from me this fine Friday morning.  I hope you have a fantastic weekend and if you find a little time, be sure to come play along with our sketch!

Viva la Verve Feb Week 1
Enabler's List
Stamps: Small Packages (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Cowboy (MME), early espresso (SU!), cream (Neenah)
Ink: old paper, vintage photo distresss ink (Ranger), early espresso (S!U)
Accessories:  Starry Die (A Cut Above by VERVE), classic circles nestabilities (Spellbinders), large star punch (SU!)

10 comments

Milka Gubo said...

Gorgeous card Julee. I like colors a lot! :-D

Susi said...

I just love how you put this card together! A definite masculine feel with those colours & design papers

Tricia T said...

Yay! VLV Challenges are back! I kept feeling like I was missing something last month. : ) Great guy card!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful masculine card. The distressing and colors are perfect.
I am glad the VLV challenge is back. I missed it.

Petra Swart said...

Your card is so beautiful, Julee!!!! I love the bear bones look!!!!! I have to join in the fun at VLV again - such a long time since I last played!!! Your lovely card has inspired me to use the sketch and make a card using it, too!!!
Have a super weekend!!!

Marisa said...

What a fabulous masculine card, Julee! Love it!

Greta said...

Great sketch & I love your fun card!

Dorothy S said...

I just had to stop by and tell you what a stunning card this is. What an elegant look!

Vickie Z said...

Perfect guy card!! Love those stars and the sponging....and of course, the Verve sentiment!!

D- said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful masculine card. The colors are perfect.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}