Powered by Blogger.

With Sympathy

If you're looking for my October Release Retrospective Hop post, click here or scroll down.

Hi friends!  It's Monday again and time for another Mojo Monday sketch.  This week's sketch is from Debbie and has a great big focal panel that leaves you lots of room for options.


For my card, I picked out my favorite color combo (aqua + brown) from my scrap pile and got to work distressing with ink and a paper distresser.  I stamped the bluebells from Framed Florals in the corner of my aqua paper, then stamped the solid flowers in pool party to color them in.  I highlighted with glossy glaze.  The butterflies are a Martha Stewart punch that I punched from the same paper, sponged around the edges and embellished with some dark chocolate pearls for the body.

The sentiment is stamped in early espresso on vellum, then layered over a circle punch of designer paper and matted with early espresso.  Soft and serene and hopefully will give a little comfort to the recipient.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you have a fabulous start to your week.  If you've got a little time, be sure to check out what the other Mojo Makers did with this week's sketch...



Enabler's List
Mojo Monday 368
Stamps: Framed Florals (Verve)
Paper: designer paper scraps, vellum, soft sky, early espresso
Ink: early espresso, pool party (SU!),  brushed corduroy (Ranger Distress)
Accessories:  circle punches, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, glossy glaze, dark chocolate flatback pearls (Pizzazz Aplenty), classic circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders)

6 comments

Marisa said...

Fabulous as always and one can never go wrong with this colour combo. Love the butterflies :)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful Sympathy card. Love the colors. Great sketch too.

Lyn said...

So very stunning <3

Stampingcountry said...

Sharp Card! You blue really pops against your Kraft.

Vickie Z said...

LOVE the colors, striped PP with striped butterflies and those bluebells!!

D- said...

OMGosh this is GORGEOUS. Blues are my favorite colors and I just LOVE how the browns accents them. Butterflies always help me feel closer to my Mom and my best friend who we lost way too soon. Your card will definitely bring comfort to someone who needs it. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot