Saturday, December 1, 2012

Starry Joy

Hi friends! The results of my rigorous {grin} Black Friday online shopping spree have started arriving and so I just had to squeeze in a little time to play with some of it! This card uses the new Holiday Toppers and Star Rosette CutUps from The Cat's Pajamas. Ever since a friend pointed out this North Pole paper from the Sleigh Ride collection, I've had it in my head to make a card using it and the Joy to the World Plain Jane. I wanted the sentiment to look a bit like a globe, so I stamped it directly on the map paper, inked the edges with some black soot ink and matted on a black Nestabilities circle. The rosette is made from the same paper, just using the reverse side, which is a red and white stripe. I decided to make a tent style card, so I could play with that fun star topper, then just alternated the paper for the stars and finished with some wide black ribbon and a rhinestone star.


 Hope you're having a fabulous start to your December!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Enabler's List: 
Stamps: Joy to the World Plain Jane (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Sleigh Ride (Crate Paper), Real Red, Basic Black (SU!), cream
Ink: Black soot (Ranger Distress)
Accessories: Star Rosette and Holiday Toppers CutUps (TCP), Classic Circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders), wide striped ribbon (SU!), embossing powder, distressing tool, star rhinestone

4 comments:

  1. The paper is PERFECT for that sentiment!! I am swooning over that big bow and striped ribbon!! Fabulous card and glad you got some time to play :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolute perfection! The sentiment on the map paper is genius and that rosette is gorgeous! Swooning over the big bow too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Julee.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Get out! LOL! This card is AWESOME!!! Love all those stars and that fabulous big bow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to brighten my day with a comment! I love hearing from you.