Powered by Blogger.

September Not 2 Shabby Hop and Video



Hi friends! It's the 10th of the month and that means it's time for the Not 2 Shabby monthly design team hop over on YouTube.  We've got some fun inspiration featuring the September subscriptions, so you'll want to hop along. You can watch my video below or on my YouTube channel.


For my video, I created a quick little fall treat box. I saw this idea many years ago and it stuck with me because it uses two pieces of cardstock instead of a lot of scoring and cutting off tabs. Easy measurements make me happy!


I created four treat boxes in total, but since they are all very similar, I only included the making of one in the video. The main focal point for each is a tag I put together featuring papers and stamped images from the September Box of the Month.


The measurements for this box are quite simple...
  • 4" x 7.5" panel of cardstock for the base
  • 2" x 6" panel of cardstock for the front base
  • 3.5" x 4.5" patterned paper (optional mat layer 3.75 x 4.75)
  • 3.5" x 1.5" patterned paper (optional mat layer 3.75" x 1.75")
Score the 4" panel of cardstock on the 7.5" side at 2" and 2.5"
Score the 2" panel of cardstock on the 6" side at 0.5", 1", 5" and 5.5"


Glue the 2" x 6" piece below the bottom score line on the 7.5" piece
Add your patterned paper layers, then glue the two back flaps of the 2 x 6" panel to the back of the other panel to form the opening of the box. Decorate as desired.



Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulously creative day!

1 comment

kiwimeskreations said...

gorgeous wee boxes Julee - and such a simple construction!! That's the sort that I like too :)
Blessings
Maxine