Powered by Blogger.

Words Can't Espresso


Hi friends! How's your April going so far? We've been dealing with a squirrel that decided to make our garage and attic his home. So lots of noise, lots of traps, and lots of moving things in the garage trying to find the little critter. We think he's in a little part of the attic that there isn't access to, and it just so happens to be directly under my craft desk, so I haven't wanted to spend much time in there!

The only thing that could make me brave the critter bumping around sounds is coffee, and let me tell you, the April Stamp/Die of the Month and the April Paper Pad Club from Not 2 Shabby really brought the coffee vibes! As always you can choose to receive these monthly for a little discount, or purchase them alone month by month.

I had so much fun with this card. I created the background by spraying some antique linen, frayed burlap, and ground espresso oxide inks on my mat and then smooshing my paper into it.  I Then splattered with the same inks until I was happy with everything.  I sponged around the edge of the panel with ground espresso, then stamped the coffee beans from the Cup of Thanks set in ground espresso distress oxide ink.




I pulled out the add on Never Say No to Coffee Ephemera and selected one of the coffee cups. I used the same brown colors of distress ink to watercolor both the ephemera piece and the randomly stamped beans on the main panel.  The sentiment from the Cup of Thanks set is embossed directly onto the panel and I attached everything to an A2 card base and popped up the ephemera.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to check out all the fabulous new April products in the Not 2 Shabby Shop!