Powered by Blogger.

National Coffee Day and a Video


Hi friends! Happy National Coffee Day. If you've been around the blog a while you might know that I am a mega coffee lover. I take a dark roast drip, or a 4 shot Americano, black. So good! In honor of National Coffee Day, I thought I'd create a coffee themed card, as well as a video.

I signed up to be in a video hop next month, and I'm trying to get back into the swing of creating videos. This one shows me coloring the image as well as putting the card together. You can watch it here, or on YouTube.

Today I'm using the products in the Not 2 Shabby Jr. Box of the Month for September. The theme is coffee and books, and as an avid reader and coffee lover, I just had to order it!

The focal image is from the Be Cozy stamp set and I colored it up in colors to match the pretty paper in the #coffeeandbooks paper pad. Navy and coral are so pretty together, and I thought a hint of brown made for a nice cozy fall color palette. If you like the colors too, the maker colors I use are listed below.

Blues: B4.6 and B4.3 (OLO), B21 and B99 (Copic)
Corals: R00, R21, R20 (Copic)
Browns: E43, E42, E41, E40 (Copic)


I love that the #coffeeandbooks paper has some solid prints in it to coordinated with the printed papers. It brings so many options for matting. Here I used the pink paper to matt the floral paper, laying it down diagonally on the plaid background and cutting off the excess for an edge to edge diagonal look. I think diagonals are so striking.

For the layout, I decided to do a little collage with the stamped image, a sentiment from the Books & Coffee stamp set and a piece of the #coffeeandbooks ephemera. I added a paper doily from my stash and finished off with a few sparkle enamel dots. I had to add some rose colored reading glasses to the top of the sentiment, since as I'm getting a bit older readers are a must!

That's it for today. If this box is a must have for you, it's almost gone for the month as they reveal a new box on the 1st of each month, so you'll want to hurry. The #coffeeandbooks paper and ephemera are available individually right now, though.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulous National Coffee Day!

1 comment

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Julee - love your colour choices, and it was great to hear your voice :)
Blessings
Maxine