Powered by Blogger.

Meet Me Poolside

Hi friends! Today's a super exciting release over at Not 2 Shabby. They have two fabulous new collections of products releasing today: Poolside and Cool Treats. In total there are four new stamp sets, 4 coordinating die sets,  2 paper pads, 2 ephemera packs, a sparkle embellishment pack, and a 6x6" stencil in the release. I chose to feature the Poolside collection because I just love the pink and blue color combo, as well as falling in love with the Tropical Leaves stamp set. Plus I could really go for a poolside getaway right about now in what feels like the 7th season of winter. LOL


The Poolside collection has a beautiful paper pad and coordinating ephemera. I used both on today's card adding a little stardust stickles to the flower ephemera for accent.  The blue striped paper is cut with a die, then I added a little gold stickles to the gold dots for extra sparkle.



For the background, I dry embossed the Tropical Leaf Stencil onto a piece of cardstock I had blended with distress ink. Then I sanded the top layer, highlighting the pattern of the stencil.  I added some shabby edges, then adhered the die cut mat with foam tape for some dimension.  The sentiment is from the gorgeous new Tropical Leaves stamp set. There are also coordinating dies to match the set, including dies for the sentiments. Love that!



Be sure to head to the shop to see the whole release! There are some cool treats for sure!

2 comments

kiwimeskreations said...

I know what you mean about a 7th winter - we had virtually no summer here Down Under this year
This is a fabulous card Julee - loving the pink and blue combination, and your treatment of embossing with the stencil, and then sanding gives an amazing background
Blessings
Maxine

Purple Princess said...

so lovely