Powered by Blogger.

Happy Thoughts

Hi friends! Happy Monday! I'm super excited to have been invited to join a new quarterly release design team at Not 2 Shabby! They're expanding and adding quarterly releases of products available for individual sale (in addition the the monthly box of the month and stamp of the month subscriptions they already offer.) They've got a FABULOUS release with all the coordinating products you've grown to know and love in their subscription boxes coming up this Saturday, April 22 at 9am Central, so keep your eyes peeled for some super fun new goodies! I can't wait to share what I've been creating!


I participated in a couple of card swaps this month, so today I'm sharing the cards I created for them. the first was a cat/dog theme. I love this sweet daschund in the Not 2 Shabby April Box of the Month, so even though I'm more of a cat person than a dog person, I just had to ink her up. Aren't her wings and antennae adorable? The set is called Oh Honey, and it's currently still available individually as well as in the Box of the Month. I colored with Copic markers then cut out with my Brother Scan 'n Cut.  The bee is a piece of the Sweet Bees Ephemera from the box. I love that some of the stamp images are also included in the ephemera. I highlighted the bee with Copic markers to coordinate with the coloring on the dog. The papers are from the Sweet Bees pad in the box. This might be my new favorite pad of paper. So many fabulous prints and the colors are totally up my alley!

The layout is from the April Sheetload of Cards by my new teamie, Crafty Al. I don't do mass production very much, but do love the sketches for singles (or in today's case, doubles) of cards.

The next card was for a polka dot themed swap. The same Sweet Bees paper pad has an adorable black and white polka dot, so I kept with the same yellow, blue, and black them for this card.  The bumblebee fairy seemed like she needed blue hair so I just went with it! The images in this set are just so cute!


For the layout I used the same basic sketch just flipped it vertically.  The sentiment is part of the grow happy thoughts sentiment from this month's Stamp of the Month, Grow with Love

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulous start to your week! If you have a chance be sure to check out my other new teamies.


Jackie - @JackiesCraftTable   YouTube - Jackie's Craft Table
Desiree - @includethankyou   YouTube - Include a Thank you
Charlene - @dreamcraftcreate   YouTube - Dream Craft Create
Alicia - @callmecraftyal   YouTube - Call me {Crafty} Al
Meghan - @madebymeghank   Blog - Made by Meghan K
Julee - @vervegirl   Blog - Poetic Artistry
Kathy - @stampinkathy4   Blog - Stamps at Play



5 comments

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Aw! So sweet, love the bee dog coat.

JoAnn said...

Adorable cards. Love the one with the bee dog, he is so cute. TFS

kiwimeskreations said...

Two gorgeous cards Julee - loving the dog one in particular, despite the fact that I am very much a cat person...
Blessings
Maxine

Jennifer Reece said...

Those images are adorable!! Thank you!

Purple Princess said...

super cute cards