Powered by Blogger.

Aloha Summer


Hi friends! Hope your day is going well! I'm popping in today with another card I made with the new Not 2 Shabby quarterly release. Have you had a chance to check it out yet? I ordered on some goodies from the shop on Saturday and they came yesterday. Woohoo!

When I chose my collection to work with for release I was initially drawn to the big leafy images and breezy scripty sentiments in the Tropical Leaves set.  My boys reminded me this morning that there is exactly one month left before school's out, so I guess summer is actually coming! 😁 For this card, I used the leaves as a randomly stamped background with loose watercoloring, as well as Copic colored accent images, cut with the coordinating Tropical Leaves die set.


The Poolside Ephemera pack has so many fun summer images.  When I saw this gal sunbathing, I just knew I wanted to do a top down card. I wanted a little bigger beach blanket than the ones in the ephemera pack, so I cut one from a scrap of Poolside paper, rounding the corners, then placing my sunbather on top.  I added a little glitter glue to the top of her hat and then shaded some with a light gray copic marker to give it some depth.  I then tucked in a few more pieces of must have poolside accessories to create a little scene.  The die cut leaves were then layered up on top of the whole panel for dimension, then I cut off the excess and adhered to a white card base. I finished with the little aloha sentiment in the corner, cut with the coordinating dies.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulously creative day.

3 comments

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I can feel the sun, a luscious card.
x

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this Julee - a wonderful view through the leaves :)
Blessings
Maxine

Purple Princess said...

so wonderful