Powered by Blogger.

Fueling Up

Hi friends! This little card has been sitting around on my hard drive feeling forgotten, so I'm sharing it today.  I made it with the Fill My Cup set from our July release.  It's a little masculine take on a coffee card that I think is sure to perk up the recipient.


I started by paper piecing a few of those mugs, then cutting with the coordinating Happiness in a Cup Die Set.  I actually made three to stack, but the third cup hid from me, stuck to the back of my mini MISTI until just this weekend. I didn't feel like retaking the photos, so just imagine there's a third cuppa sitting there! {grin}  I fell in love with this pad of paper from Graphic 45 and used it also on a card I shared on the Verve blog for release. I'll put it down at the bottom so you can take a peek if you missed it.


The sentiment is stamped onto a tag shape and I added some patterned paper strips and a polka dot background for a bit of texture.

If you're in the mood to shop, our entire shop is on sale this month, with 20% off the latest release and 30% off EVERYTHING else!  Hooray... the perfect time to pick up a few goodies for yourself.



Here's the other card I made, with a much more feminine feel...


Enabler's List

Card 1
Stamps: Fill My Cup (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Worlds-Fair (Graphic 45), Mixed Media Cardstock (Ranger)
Ink: onyx black (Versafine)
Accessories: Happiness in a Cup Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), die cut tag, dots embossing folder (QuicKutz)

Card 2
Stamps: Fill My Cup (Verve Stamps)
Paper: World's Fair (Graphic 45), watercolor paper
Ink: onyx black (Versafine), copic markers, picked raspberry, fired brick, worn lipstick Distress Oxides (Ranger)
Accessories: Happiness in a Cup Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), polka dot embossing folder (QuicKutz), seam binding (Hug Snug), stardust stickles (Ranger)

4 comments

Lucy E. said...

Ha ha-that's so funny about your mug sticking to the bottom of your Misty! That stuff happens to me all of the time, but I usually just think that I've lost my mind! Such a fun masculine card. I forget about how cool paper piecing can turn out-thanks for the reminder :-)

Marlena M. said...

Lovely texture on both of your cards~I ADORE that sentiment Julee!!!

Purple Princess said...

Love the colors and texture!!

JoAnn said...

Great masculine card. Love both cards, especially the sentiment. TFS