Powered by Blogger.

Be OK

Hi friends!  Wednesday here and ever since I made the card for today, I've had that Ingrid Michaelson Be OK song running through my head.  And guess what?  Now it's running through your head, too!  {grin} But take it from me, that's a lot better than having the Three Little Kittens song playing over and over and over again in your head because the twins only want to look at one page in their musical book.


Today's card is my take on this week's Mix-Ability challenge over on SCS.  The challenge was to put a frame around your focal point, but to smear and smudge it on.  I still had the piece of white cardstock I used to mask my scroll when I was paint splattering on my last card and I just loved the dripping, so decided to use it as part of my card.  I stamped the Be Okay plain jane in pistachio pudding, then sketched a little frame with Neo Watercolor II crayons and smudged with a damp finger.  To set the frame off a bit more, I took the solid chevron border from Borderline and inked up just parts of it and used my hands (no acrylic block) to stamp just sections around the frame.  Next I sprinkled some 2 and 3mm olive rhinestones on the panel and then glued them down where they fell so it looked like a pretty natural spray.  A little chevron washi tape and a black grosgrain knotted bow finish off that panel.  The base of the card is smoky slate and is embossed with a folder from the James' Set, then I smudged on some gesso with my fingers and then added some black gelato and smudged with a baby wipe.

I just love how this turned out and I'm thinking that Smoky Slate is going to be my new go-to neutral!  Alrighty, that's all for me today!  Hope you have a fabulous Wednesday!

Enabler's List
Stamps: Be Okay plain jane, Borderline (Verve Stamps)
Paper: smoky slate, basic black (SU!), white
Ink: pistachio pudding (SU!), black, Neo Watercolor II crayons, black acrylic paint, Gelatos (Faber-Castell), white gesso
Accessories: James' Set (Cuttlebug), washi tape (Glitz Designs), grosgrain ribbon (SU!), 2mm and 3mm olive green rhinestones (Pizzazz Aplenty)

5 comments

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Julee!! Love the green you added and the EF in the BG is fabulous. You definitely know how to do mixed media :)

Had to giggle at the repeat of the song in the book - my daughter did that once on a car ride home from Alberta and hubby was just about ready to toss it out of the window LOL! Hugs to you for a good day :)

Ravengirl said...

Lovely work! Your mixed media project are always so amazing!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Janelle Stollfus said...

It looks just fabulous, Julee! Love the smudged frame with that extra stamped emphasis. Thanks for playing with the Mix-Ability challenge. Smoky Slate looks like a great new color to play with for some of my crafty projects... hmmmm. :D

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card Julie. Love the textured background and the way you stamped the chevron randomly.