Powered by Blogger.

Pretty Little Cupcakes All in a Row

Happy Saturday! I'm so happy the weekend is here! Saturdays are always my favorite day of the week. Today I am extra happy because I got to combine two challenges for this card. Woohoo- love it when that happens! It's been forever since I've had a chance to play along with a TCP Tuesday challenge, and this week when I saw that Karrie's challenge was to use a cupcake image, I KNEW I just had to pull out my TCP stamps and play!

This week's Our Creative Corner challenge is to use a tag on your card. Easy peasey! I didn't have a plan when I started this card, but I really love how it turned out. I'm loving the orange and pink combinations I've been seeing around, so I thought I'd give it a shot and see if I could make something sweet, too. We'd love for you to play along, so wander on over to the OCC Blog to see all the fantastic cards by the OCC designers, then upload your own little tag creation for us to see.

I started this card by stamping the row of cupcakes from the Smells Like Cake set across a piece of pearlized cardstock. I then colored with Copic markers and painted on a mixture of glitter and diamond glaze for some glossy frosting. I used my new Eyelet Border punch from SU!, then inked the edges lightly with some Creamy Caramel ink. The next layer is Pumpkin Pie cardstock punched with the same eyelet border punch. The pink panel is a scrap from yesterday's card from the Patterns Pack II by SU!. I added some May Arts polka dot ribbon, then cut a little tag with my Nestabilities Tags and stamped just one cupcake and the Been Good? sentiment on it.

27 comments

Riet said...

wowww Julee,what a gorgeous card,l love the colours.

have a nice weekend.
hugs Riet.xx

Silke Ledlow said...

Super cute - Julee!!! Love the little cupcakes and your tag!!!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

very cute and I love the colors!

Cheryl said...

Oh,this is so cute,love the colour combo!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Fun Julee! Love those cupcakes!! The pink and orange is a pretty CC for sure!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Rose Ann said...

I love your row of yummy cupcakes, Julee!! These colors are so pretty, and I love the dotted ribbon and cute tag!! Wonderful card!!

Anonymous said...

Been good? Not a chance! LOL This is super cute Julee!

dpkennedy said...

Adorable! Love the design and the sentiment is so cute! Great colors too!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is ADORABLE, Julee! Love the pink and orange!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Julee :) Your card is SO sweet! LOVE the fun row of cupcakes and pretty color combination.

Have a fun weekend,
Jennifer :)

Shannan Teubner said...

This is adorable, Julee!

Anonymous said...

Oh Julee what an adorable tag card. This is just awesome! It makes me so happy to gaze at it.

Lynda Benden said...

Darling card Julee! I love the little cupcakes and the colors you used are awesome!!! Have a great weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh so yummy!! Love your border of cupcakes!! :)

Lisa said...

TOTALLY Adorable! I'm going to NEED that eyelet punch, aren't I? SIGH. The wish list is never-ending.....

Courtney said...

This is beautiful!

Hey, I was wondering if you have your mojo sketches in a word type document... I tried to get the player to work on my computer but it freezes up every time. sigh. Thanks!

Joanne (jojot) said...

adorable....

Cindy Haffner said...

Wicked sweet girl, love your card.

Kelly Schelske said...

Fun, love the colors too!! Great job:-)

Bev J. said...

Like orange and pink together on your cute cupcake card-pretty. tfs

Karrie Baker said...

Love this card!! Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty, Julee. Love the luscious colors. Those cupcakes are tempting me to go off my diet.

Simone said...

Oh, so lovely!!! What a fabulous card!
Simone

Amy Sheffer said...

Love this, Julee! Great colors and layout!

Kay D said...

How adorable is that card? I really enjoy viewing your work.

Kristie W. said...

So very cute! The cupcakes look so pretty with your color scheme.

Carol said...

Oh the PINK/ORANGE colors you used go so PERFECT together, making the card so festive and fun... love how you used the TCP stamps! Thanks for playing with the rest of us! :) ...